Aftermarket Props

Reaction score
Got a question for you guys. I installed these aftermarket props. Spin up was normal, but as soon as I applied thrust I almost had a fly away. I had to pull down as hard as I could, and even then she barely came back down far enough for me to grab on and shut down.

Have you guys ever had such increased thrust just from props? And if this is normal, do I need to recalibrate to accommodate?

Thanks!
eac5e94cbbc899cbd476da0ad89f5de0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When it comes to things like props and batteries I only buy original genuine DJI products. The last I want is a crash, even if it is no fault of the product and DJI denying my claim because of aftermarket items on aircraft.

Props should not (really, could not) cause uncontrolled ascent. I would recalibrate and do the compass dance at your next flight.

Props should not (really, could not) cause uncontrolled ascent. I would recalibrate and do the compass dance at your next flight.
I would have agreed with you, if it weren't for the fact that I switched back to DJI stock blades and with no other changes (or calibrations) had a normal flight.

Also, I wouldn't really call it an uncontrolled ascent, just a ridiculous amount of thrust.

When it comes to things like props and batteries I only buy original genuine DJI products. The last I want is a crash, even if it is no fault of the product and DJI denying my claim because of aftermarket items on aircraft.
My phantom is long past its warranty, and as much as I have worked on it over the past year and a half, I'm sure I voided it long ago [emoji23]

Got a question for you guys. I installed these aftermarket props. Spin up was normal, but as soon as I applied thrust I almost had a fly away. I had to pull down as hard as I could, and even then she barely came back down far enough for me to grab on and shut down.

Have you guys ever had such increased thrust just from props? And if this is normal, do I need to recalibrate to accommodate?

Thanks!
eac5e94cbbc899cbd476da0ad89f5de0.jpg

When I start in this 2 years ago I purchased aftermarket props for $18 for a set of 4 verses the $30 for a complete set. Well after several crashes and uncontrollable flights I went back to stock props. So I sat down with micrometer to see what the problem was. Well it turned out that those cheap aftermarket props were to thin and flexed far to much causing unstable flight characteristics.

One thing I find with he DJI props is that they require very little balancing if any. Have more then a year on a set of props.until last November when I nailed a tree while practicing manual POI.

I have 2 1/2 complete sets would any body like them there free well all most free there shipping cost. They are 9443 and the manufacture stamp is oxoxo.

When I start in this 2 years ago I purchased aftermarket props for $18 for a set of 4 verses the $30 for a complete set. Well after several crashes and uncontrollable flights I went back to stock props. So I sat down with micrometer to see what the problem was. Well it turned out that those cheap aftermarket props were to thin and flexed far to much causing unstable flight characteristics.

One thing I find with he DJI props is that they require very little balancing if any. Have more then a year on a set of props.until last November when I nailed a tree while practicing manual POI.

I have 2 1/2 complete sets would any body like them there free well all most free there shipping cost. They are 9443 and the manufacture stamp is oxoxo.
That's more what I was leaning towards.. Something not quite right with the aftermarkets. Only reason I purchased them was for looks.. Guess I will use genuine from now on.

That's more what I was leaning towards.. Something not quite right with the aftermarkets. Only reason I purchased them was for looks.. Guess I will use genuine from now on.

In one flight it actually hit ground hard bounced air and I could see the TX hanging by the cables had a hell of time getting down. Even though it hit hard the grass on the soccer field I was practicing on hadn't been cut which save it from any real damage. Sure the price at the time was attractive but not the experience that followed..

In one flight it actually hit ground hard bounced air and I could see the TX hanging by the cables had a hell of time getting down. Even though it hit hard the grass on the soccer field I was practicing on hadn't been cut which save it from any real damage. Sure the price at the time was attractive but not the experience that followed..
Agreed. Thanks for your feedback.

had those exact orange props from Amazon. Tossed them after 1 minute of use, thing flew really eratic. Never again will I stray from OEM on props. I did toss them to, so if I was ever desperate for props, I wouldnt be tempted to try them again,

I noted someone mentioning that the aftermarket ones were very flexible.....
Well, I consider the standard DJI ones to be flexible compared to carbon aftermarket ones, so why isn't everyone using them instead?

Is it a case of the DJI's flight control system has been tuned to standard blades, so a certain amount of flex gives some compliance and a less twitchy flight, but are still stiff enough to provide sufficient lift?

Reason for asking is that I replaced the standard 8" blades on my Quanum Nova with 9½" Carbon blades. The lift was great but the drone was always twitchy.

I noted someone mentioning that the aftermarket ones were very flexible.....
Well, I consider the standard DJI ones to be flexible compared to carbon aftermarket ones, so why isn't everyone using them instead?

Is it a case of the DJI's flight control system has been tuned to standard blades, so a certain amount of flex gives some compliance and a less twitchy flight, but are still stiff enough to provide sufficient lift?

Reason for asking is that I replaced the standard 8" blades on my Quanum Nova with 9½" Carbon blades. The lift was great but the drone was always twitchy.

A word of advice put the stock 9443 props back on or upgrade to the 9450 which have more lifting capabilities.

Aftermarket props are of thinner gage and have to much flexibilities and causes nothing but problems and have nothing the flight control system.

Last edited:
I got these
2 Pairs 9443 ABS Self-locking CW/CCW Propeller Compatible With DJI Phantom 2
These are better than xoxoxox, not so good as DJI`s but you can fly pretty stable, done 5 flights with these, so far so good.

Flying completely stable for $19.98 is not the same as pretty stable for $3.99 and there's no way those are compatible.

I like you when I started out over two years ago went out and bought aftermarket props because $30.00 for 2 pairs but after was a lot when I could get them for half or less. Well after a few harrowing experiences with uncontrol flights and with to much invested in equipment I went back to OEM props no matter what the cost. If you truly think those props are compatible as OEM mic them I think you'll be surprised.

Flying completely stable for $19.98 is not the same as pretty stable for $3.99 and there's no way those are compatible.

I like you when I started out over two years ago went out and bought aftermarket props because $30.00 for 2 pairs but after was a lot when I could get them for half or less. Well after a few harrowing experiences with uncontrol flights and with to much invested in equipment I went back to OEM props no matter what the cost. If you truly think those props are compatible as OEM mic them I think you'll be surprised.

Of course nothing is so good as OEM ones, but while I wait for OEM to arrive, I`ll do some more test fligths just to confirm/see that these are a little bit better than xoxoxox ones:)

Of course nothing is so good as OEM ones, but while I wait for OEM to arrive, I`ll do some more test fligths just to confirm/see that these are a little bit better than xoxoxox ones:)

Hay it's your money and equipment an if you think your smarter then the rest of us do as you please. Just remember you've been given sound advice an if you have a mishap you'll not get any sympathy here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj