Aftermarket Props Buyer Beware

Redline said:
Hate to say it but you get what you pay for! Stop trying to save a few bucks, it like buying a Corvette and buying cheap tires and wondering why it handles like crap! Let's face it guys these quads are not cheap as far as quads go and DJI did there homework when making them just go right to DJI when it comes to a rotating part. If you think they cost a lot take a look at TREX-700 I have over $5000 into just one of them if I put a cheap blade on that bird some one would get killed.balanced props are important
Don't take chances on props,not worth loosing your Phantom and your Gopro!

+1 from me

I recently made the mistake of buying these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRAM3AC/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The ad clearly says "Authentic DJI Phantom 2 Vision Replacement Propeller" but they're the O-XOXO knockoffs. They're taking them back and said that their marketing department will take a look at the ad (perhaps under pressure from Amazon). Obviously I was an idiot and didn't scroll down to the comments section--guess I was in a hurry.

Ordered them from Aerialpixels.com instead, where they explicitly told me they have the real deal.

I've been battling instability on my Phantom 2 for two months now -- and certainly the 0x0x-0 "Authentic Replacement" props are a big factor!

While I await some real DJI 9443 props from B&H, I tried an experiment this morning. I fitted the Phantom 2 with a set of DJI 8045 airplane style props and reset the gains to the P1 defaults.

Guess what?

The Phantom 2 flew beautifully. No wobble or bobble or twitching. Just a little right J-hook, which gradually diminished as the flight time increased.

Total time before the 30 percent battery warning was 14:51 (flying about 50% in GPS mode and 50% ATTI). That's with the Zemuse gimbal but without FPV TX, antenna and iOSD.

Using the 0X0X-0 props I was getting about 14:00 flight time (with FPV and iOSD) before the first battery warning. But maintaining control was sheer hell. And flying in anything over 10mph was impossible!

Anyone want 8-pairs of 0X0X-0 props?

Cheap.

[PS: C-Mac, thanks for the excellent research and warning!]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub