Aftermarket gimbal wiring question

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I want to use an inexpensive (goodluckbuy) gimbal on my Phantom 2 (non vision)
Can I get power from the set of cables in the attachment photo (Red and Brown I assume)? Or there are other cables I need to utilize for power?
P.S. I am aware of tilt control to the Naza(F2), just need clarification on main power to the gimbal
Please help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 690
CityZen Thanks for your help. I got the gimbal working flawlessly, without vibration / gello. If you can, please help me out one more time. I am planning to connect FPV to Phantom 2 (non vision)
How do I connect iosd mini to the generic gimbal with camera, since it is not zenmuse? I assume I would have to splice grey 8 pin zenmuse cable sticking out from Phantom for video feed? Is this correct? If so, where do I find info on pin/cable assignment of that grey cable? or there is a better way?

Thank you for your time,
Mike.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/381014611123?nav=SEARCH

You need to plug the av cable into the fpv transmitter. The other is for power thats if you wish to charge the gopro while flying. If not you can just use the gopro battery.

Ill find the youtube clip for iosd when i get home.

Make sense?

Thank you, I am aware of all internal connections to the point of grey 8 wire cable for the zenmuse.
I am assuming that that 8 pin could be spliced to use to power gimbal (as you mentioned, Pins 3 & 4 are ground, pins 5 & 6 are power) and some of these are for video to work properly with iosd mini? I have the gopro cable from camera that ends in 2 wires. I was hoping to utilize grey 8 pin Phantom ribbon cable to power gimbal and video transmission from the camera. Same way as if I had zenmuse....
I spent most of day yesterday trying to find if anybody have done this, but could not find anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers