Aftermarket battery - now available

tawd77 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-UAV-Drone-Quadcopter-5400-mAh-11-1V-Battery-High-Quality-/171284975286?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item27e1614eb6

Looks good, and a little higer capacity.. Whos gonna be first to try and report the results?

And the app says... "We're sorry, this is not a genuine DJI battery..." with the klaxon going full blast in the background as the P2V bricks... :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

I see 2 problems here:

1) Price difference for the original DJI battery - Is it that high that is worth the risk? I don't really think so...
2) Mailing batteries could really be a pain, as they may represent a safety issue

Yea, the new firmware upgrade will make using that battery impossible. I've also read that the Naza in the P2 will only recognize the "chip" in a genuine P2 battery....

One of the images in the listing is the assistant page for version 2 of same showing the battery is recognised so it appears the "chip" output has been replicated. It's still too close to the original battery price for me to buy.

The after market is 99 EUROS. That's way too close to the original battery price for it not to be worth it.

If it was $75 bucks I would give it a shot, but over $100 you might as well pay the extra and get genuine.

Yeah, looked good besides the price is steep. If it was maybe $80, Id buy one just to give it a shot

How do know the pic was taken? Could of been before the latest update. Not worth taking a chance IMHO.

I have had a dji battery fail mid flight.. They replaced the phantom.. Would they do that with that battery? Prolly not... When you buy cheap you buy twice, and in this case it would prolly be the replacement phantom you are buying

I think DJI have covered them selves pretty well with their smart battery, a good money making design but a shame for us the customers!

Lets just hope they reduce the price of their genuine battery a bit. They are starting to get a lot of competition now, Walkera offering the same capacity of battery but in their version for about £50 I think?

Meluk said:
I think DJI have covered them selves pretty well with their smart battery, a good money making design but a shame for us the customers!

Lets just hope they reduce the price of their genuine battery a bit. They are starting to get a lot of competition now, Walkera offering the same capacity of battery but in their version for about £50 I think?
Kinda reminds me of Ink Jet printers. Remember when the price of the printers dropped to less than the replacement cartridges?
You should see my stack of "old" ink jet printers!! It's cheaper for me to buy a brand new one($39), than to spend maybe $5 less than that, for a set of cartridges.

Now that DJI has us "locked" into their Smart Batteries; now about being "smart", and lowering the price, when you buy 2 or more?
right now, 1, 2, 10-they're all $159 each, no discount!!

havasuphoto said:
Meluk said:

Kinda reminds me of Ink Jet printers. Remember when the price of the printers dropped to less than the replacement cartridges?
You should see my stack of "old" ink jet printers!! It's cheaper for me to buy a brand new one($39), than to spend maybe $5 less than that, for a set of cartridges.

Now that DJI has us "locked" into their Smart Batteries; now about being "smart", and lowering the price, when you buy 2 or more?
right now, 1, 2, 10-they're all $159 each, no discount!!

Yeah and that'd just crazy! I can't believed they don't offer a bulk discount.

I emailed dji just on a whim to see what their reply would be to asking if they may be reducing the cost of their smart batteries in the future.

They replied with "there is no plan, or possibility the price will be reduced"

Great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meluk said:
I emailed dji just on a whim to see what their reply would be to asking if they may be reducing the cost of their smart batteries in the future.

They replied with "there is no plan, or possibility the price will be reduced"

Great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is Today's answer. I believe the price will change-and become lower. It's about supply and demand. The battery really don't wear out that fast. So, eventually, DJI is going to be sitting there with a warehouse piled high with Smart Batteries......then you will see the price go down.

Mori55 said:
How do know the pic was taken? Could of been before the latest update. Not worth taking a chance IMHO.
They have added a photo using Ver 2.0 firmware. But as was stated prior, at $137 its to much to take a chance when I can get an OEM DJI battery for a few bucks more.

That eBay listing will probably get pulled. Offering to avoid customs by marking the package as a "gift" is against eBay's policies.

But, it looks like there are several other listings for the battery. Some are a little less expensive. Not cheap enough, however, for me to take a chance.

But, I have to admit that "can fly 2 minuts more than the original DJI battery about 25 miniters,withou load about 28 miniters" makes it sound really appealing! :)

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20