Aftermarket Batteries...

Reaction score
Please share your knowledge of batteries that will work in the Phantom. I've seen a reference or two of others who used non-DJI batteries after soldering on connections. I'll look for the links.

Since all the DJI stuff is on back order, it would be nice to know about any alternatives, especially if they have better mAh and still fit in the Phantom.

the19hole said:
I bought these and connectors. They work great and I'm a Amazon Prime customer so free 2 day shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/25C-11-1V-2200mAh ... +lipo+2200

Thanks, ready to order. Where'd you get the connectors though?

Also, in another thread here someone mentioned an aftermarket charger that works much faster, any links or tips?

FYI: Li-Po wiki

UPDATE: I am measuring the stock battery: 22.7mm; 33.2mm; 100.36mm

Battery door opening is: 27.35mm x 40mm

dslrpros.com got a different battery on product list for phantom 3s 2250 mAH 45C for $39

Attachments

• batt.GIF
    batt.GIF
    12.2 KB · Views: 4,017
Thanks for the heads up. I just wrote them and asked to change my order to those Desire Power batteries.

I just ordered two Turnigy 3S 2200 25-35c batteries. $14 each from HobbyKing.

Careful, International warehouse. That maybe ok with you just checking. Takes much longer most times.

globalcop said:
Adam said:
I just ordered two Turnigy 3S 2200 25-35c batteries. $14 each from HobbyKing.

Is this it? Because they're $9 now.

$9 from International warehouse, $14 from USA warehouse....I ordered some international stuff once, I think it took about a month to make it.

Get my Phantom on Thursday (woo-hoo, finally!) so I'm not sure they will fit the stock Phantom charger, but supposedly they fit/work ok inside the aircraft.

There is only one problem with after market batteries is the wires are a lot thicker, making it hard to fit them in the case. I have a couple of Turnigy 2200 Mah 25c batteries and the wires are thicker and a pain to get in. Think when the Phantom batteries become more available with get more, they fit much better.

denodan said:
There is only one problem with after market batteries is the wires are a lot thicker, making it hard to fit them in the case. I have a couple of Turnigy 2200 Mah 25c batteries and the wires are thicker and a pain to get in. Think when the Phantom batteries become more available with get more, they fit much better.

Agreed, they are a little pain but the thickness makes me feel like they are more durable?

I got 2 extra Zippy Li-Po Batteries from Hobby King, been working good, a tad bigger than the one that comes with it, but fits in the door fine. Just make sure the door is closed and latched, has been known to open on takeoff, I have noticed, landed and fixed it. Just ordered 3 more Zippy Li-Po from Hobby King.

Original ones I ordered were 40c lasting about 10-11 minutes. The new ones I got are 30c, guessing thoses will last about 10 minutes!

h2oskibrad said:
I got 2 extra Zippy Li-Po Batteries from Hobby King, been working good, a tad bigger than the one that comes with it, but fits in the door fine. Just make sure the door is closed and latched, has been known to open on takeoff, I have noticed, landed and fixed it. Just ordered 3 more Zippy Li-Po from Hobby King.

Original ones I ordered were 40c lasting about 10-11 minutes. The new ones I got are 30c, guessing thoses will last about 10 minutes!

Wasting your money by getting higher C rating batteries, will not last any longer. The only advantage in a higher C rated battery, is if your using extra stuff, lights, etc, gives a bit more power to run these. Higher C rated batteries will also be heavier. I use the Turigy ones 2200 mAh, and a rating of 25c, so any higher C rating is a waste.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31