After Uprade Throttle not the same?

Reaction score
After the upgrade my throttle goes to half way before motors start to produce, already calibrated sticks. Any Suggestions

That is NORMAL because now you have "auto take off" at 50% throttle.
This is the new way that most people prefer.

tanasit said:
That is NORMAL because now you have "auto take off" at 50% throttle.
This is the new way that most people prefer.

Yup,.and it works quite well too I'd say!
and makes sense,. >50%= Phantom goes up!

..also notice that the green light blinks twice when ready (blinks single only when all sticks are centered)

I can say I hated it my first flight after upgrading... but yes as stated this is the new normal. I quickly got used to it once I forced myself to realize left stick center = neutral.

Now off to find a self centering left stick transmitter, which is the only real way the new throttle behavior would actually make sense.

I disagree about "this is the way most people prefer" is it a real nuisance if you are flying inside a building, like a factory, and you actually want a low angle shot in a normal ceiling height room. But after the recent firmware upgrade fiasco I suppose we should be grateful it works at all!

howardmaryon said:
I disagree about "this is the way most people prefer" is it a real nuisance if you are flying inside a building, like a factory, and you actually want a low angle shot in a normal ceiling height room. But after the recent firmware upgrade fiasco I suppose we should be grateful it works at all!
I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong. I have no problem hovering 2 feet off the floor.

howardmaryon said:

It has nothing to do with how low the angle of the shot or how low the ceilings is. :?
You just want to hover at mid stick at "whatever" altitude you prefer.
In short, flying at any attitude the throttle stick should spend 99% of the time at mid stick.

sn3ak3rp1mp said:
I can say I hated it my first flight after upgrading... but yes as stated this is the new normal. I quickly got used to it once I forced myself to realize left stick center = neutral.

Now off to find a self centering left stick transmitter, which is the only real way the new throttle behavior would actually make sense.

No need many already modified the stock TX for self centering feature.
You will need a proper spring and a template fabricated by reversed copying from the right side of the stick.
Look for those in the other forum.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st24946663
See posts by Bradigan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers