After update

Reaction score
Tried linking my rc, tried relinking it again I went outside and tried no luck my app is still saying RC lost signal. Was fine before I did the update now cannot connect. Any ideas what to do ? I tried to update with my SD card and no luck as well it just flashes yellow lights like the signals lost instead of updating the craft like it should. I put just the .bin file on the SD card and still did not update.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463337257.429280.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463337273.579424.jpg

Also when I turn the remote on before the bird the light is illuminated red and as soon as I turn on the phantom the light turns green. Does it think it's still updating ?

What version of FW do you have on your AC? If you have 1.8, you'll need the latest RC FW (1.6) for it to work. If you have a FW earlier then 1.8 on your AC, you must also have a FW earlier than 1.6 on your RC. It's hard to help without knowing FW versions. Without that info, any reply is just a guess.

The overall status is telling me different things each time I power it on. One time it'll say camera requires upgrade then the aircraft needs upgrades. I have tried using my SD to upgrade but it won't initiate the upgrade when I turn the phnaotom on with the SD And bin file on it doesn't upgrade.

I just looked as well and my controller is on FW 1.6 and I am pretty sure my bird is on 1.8. But it won't let me update the remote controller

Why does the website have the v1.8 ?
Latest versions:
1.8 for the AC which is what you see on the DJI site.
1.6 (via the app) is for the RC.

If you have one of these you need the other as well.
After update

I just looked as well and my controller is on FW 1.6 and I am pretty sure my bird is on 1.8. But it won't let me update the remote controller
I have 1.6 on my RC and 1.8 on my AC and still not working @Oso
Earlier you weren't sure which version of the AC firmware you had installed. How did you determine now that you have 1.8?
Can you post the .txt file from your SD card? We may be able to see an issue.

Also, do you still use an iPad as your mobile device? Maybe try the new iOS app (2.8.3) released in the last day or so. There are reports that includes a fix for weak transmission signals on the P3 platform, though the app description was changed in some case to show only P4. AFAIK it has not yet been determined if the P3 is for sure included. It may or may not help you. It also may introduce another variable to the diagnosis, so keep that in mind.

Also when I turn the remote on before the bird the light is illuminated red and as soon as I turn on the phantom the light turns green. Does it think it's still updating ?
This sounds normal to me. When you turn on the RC, the light is red because it is not connected to your AC. Once the AC powers up, the light on the RC switches from red to green and you then have control of the AC. You've had your Phantom since last year, correct? Has the light on your RC acted differently in the past?

Curious - is this the same P3 that you crashed that day you were teaching your wife?

Also will not let me view firmware because of the required upgrade.
Can you try to post a screenshot of your About screen?
You should be able to see this screen even if the app is telling you that there is an update available.

It looks something like this, though of course the versions should be different for you.

About screen.JPG

Last edited:
Earlier you weren't sure which version of the AC firmware you had installed. How did you determine now that you have 1.8?
Can you post the .txt file from your SD card? We may be able to see an issue.

Also, do you still use an iPad as your mobile device? Maybe try the new iOS app (2.8.3) released in the last day or so. There are reports that includes a fix for weak transmission signals on the P3 platform, though the app description was changed in some case to show only P4. AFAIK it has not yet been determined if the P3 is for sure included. It may or may not help you. It also may introduce another variable to the diagnosis, so keep that in mind.

This sounds normal to me. When you turn on the RC, the light is red because it is not connected to your AC. Once the AC powers up, the light on the RC switches from red to green and you then have control of the AC. You've had your Phantom since last year, correct? Has the light on your RC acted differently in the past?

Curious - is this the same P3 that you crashed that day you were teaching your wife?

Can you try to post a screenshot of your About screen?
You should be able to see this screen even if the app is telling you that there is an update available.

It looks something like this, though of course the versions should be different for you.

View attachment 55800

I will post in the morning @Oso THanks for following up sorry its late for me and I had a hell of a long day! This is the same phantom that I crashed but I got it fixed by Mike Holt and had no issues for over 2 months then I do the update and this happened.... So something is going on with the FW that I have installed...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31