After update camera firmware, no connection app & camera

Reaction score
I just updated camera firmware and I also got the same problem "CONNECT TO PHANTOM 2VISION FAILED"
When I update firmware I got green light and no problem like instruction said.
I had many attempt including reset extension range and bind.It is still not work.
Anyone know how do I try.

Pull_Up said:
Have you updated all the other firmware to latest versions on the Vision and the transmitter (by plugging the transmitter in via USB and using RC Assistant)?
Yes, i updated earlier firmware last week and I went well without problem and when I plug USB to P2V ,it shows all update version.
Just yesterday, i updated camera firmware, that is my problem.

Pull_Up said:
Have you updated all the other firmware to latest versions on the Vision and the transmitter (by plugging the transmitter in via USB and using RC Assistant)?

Those are good to do, but I don't think they relate to the issue at hand. Try the following:

1). Make sure your app is the latest version (.30 for ios, .34 for android)
2). Rebind your smart phone/tablet with the repeater and camera. There should be a step by step instructions for this in your manual, you'll need the QRCode that's on your phantom's box.

LeoS said:
Pull_Up said:

Those are good to do, but I don't think they relate to the issue at hand. Try the following:

1). Make sure your app is the latest version (.30 for ios, .34 for android)
2). Rebind your smart phone/tablet with the repeater and camera. There should be a step by step instructions for this in your manual, you'll need the QRCode that's on your phantom's box.
Yes, my app is 1.0.3 for IOS and I had re-binded by follow the step in the manual . The problem still exist.

Pull_Up said:
It's very simple, and I'm sure you'll have already looked - but I've fallen foul of this! You have checked the switch on the back of the camera is fully over to the right, haven't you? I've made that mistake myself twice... :oops:

+1

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
It's very simple, and I'm sure you'll have already looked - but I've fallen foul of this! You have checked the switch on the back of the camera is fully over to the right, haven't you? I've made that mistake myself twice... :oops:
Yes, I did on-off and make sure the green light is on. Then I turned on app on my Iphone which the signal connected to range extender but from range extender lost connection to camera or camera was not send signal back ??

Other than checking the seating of the white power and data plug (which it appears is ok as your camera is powered up) I've run out things to try, now. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions, otherwise it might be time to call your dealer - as this was the result of applying an official firmware update they should be able to work this out with you.

Pull_Up said:
Other than checking the seating of the white power and data plug (which it appears is ok as your camera is powered up) I've run out things to try, now. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions, otherwise it might be time to call your dealer - as this was the result of applying an official firmware update they should be able to work this out with you.
I email to DJI to ask factory setup firmware for the camera or any thought since yesterday. Now still no answer. I call my dealer and do not sure they would figure it out. This firmware is so delicate to get fail connection but i found some had successful with no problem. I would keep to ask any thought?? Now i try to search by myself to get factory reset . The more I search I found many group of P2V people has problem between camera and app in many case.

Like you said, I had no problem with the camera firmware. Just put it in the root of the sd card, switched the camera to ON but no wifi (pointless having it broadcasting a signal that's not required), booted up the Vision and watched the camera LED do its thing. There must be something in common with the people reporting problems but everyone says they did exactly the same as I and others did who were successful - they had the same app versions, etc.

Re: After update camera firmware, no connection app & camera

Same as mine. Watch the green light on the camera. Does it turn off as soon as you connect the app?

Mine is at DJI as we speak and I expect it back this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
Like you said, I had no problem with the camera firmware. Just put it in the root of the sd card, switched the camera to ON but no wifi (pointless having it broadcasting a signal that's not required), booted up the Vision and watched the camera LED do its thing. There must be something in common with the people reporting problems but everyone says they did exactly the same as I and others did who were successful - they had the same app versions, etc.
I am thinking from your simple step . What i did.
1) camera firmware put in the root means put in the sd card ,right if i have no other files or folders.
2) when i turned on camera I actually push wifi-on (all the way to the right) , is this effect something went wrong fpr data? Because finally I got a backup data file like in the instruction said.
3) I just read the manual on page 19 again the green light on my back camera is solid = no wifi signal. R U get fast blink green light?

No clue

I got my vision last week and have the same problem since taking it out of the box. i never got a camera signal back just a black screen with no feedback whatsoever no battery life, GPS sat connections... nothing at all most of the time the camera button doesnt even work to load the black screen. i am waiting for the dealer to get me some info but i am starting to get frustrated with the situation. no fast blinks on mine just solid green....

after reading here i went back and bound the ranger extender and camera as described on page 16 of the manual and scanned the QR code on the side of the box and it all worked after that. i'm going to give a test this afternoon

Beach Bum said:
I got my vision last week and have the same problem since taking it out of the box. i never got a camera signal back just a black screen with no feedback whatsoever no battery life, GPS sat connections... nothing at all most of the time the camera button doesnt even work to load the black screen. i am waiting for the dealer to get me some info but i am starting to get frustrated with the situation. no fast blinks on mine just solid green....

after reading here i went back and bound the ranger extender and camera as described on page 16 of the manual and scanned the QR code on the side of the box and it all worked after that. i'm going to give a test this afternoon

Good to know you work with re-bind. I will check with my dealer in a few hour, let you guys know. I hope It will simple mistake.

Sunnyside,
FYI, check out my post regarding the same issue from last week. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4504
I have been in contact with every possible source I can think of, but still no solution. Like you, I am waiting to hear from DJI too. I have heard from others that it can take a week or so for them to get back to you. I'll let you know what they say if the get back to me first...hope you can do the same!
I did talk to a helpful tech at Dronefly tonight who suggested I try the rebinding process to see if it would reset the camera... but it didn't do a thing. I believe a process to reset the camera to the previous firmware is the only way to get it working again - DJI just doesn't tell us how to do it!
I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad someone else has this problem too, because maybe they will acknowledge a potential issue with the 1.1.8 camera firmware.

Pull_Up said:
OK By now, Thanks to Mr.Pull up .This your suggestion is the winner of my problem. I did not realize that on the back of camera to switch , there are 3 system clicks. I did not push to the right-end which were I thought I did. You answer is a simple classic solution for other readers who would have the same problem.

Sincerely Yours,
Sunnyside

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj