After thinking about it. Putting name on Quad has more benefit then not

Reaction score
I know some people worry about having an issue with their phantom and them being accountable for it. Even if it was a accident beyond their control but in reality if you bird was to crash somewhere and it caused harm don't you think law enforcement could figure out who you are and where you are located? Unless you drive 30 minutes to a launch site somewhere but I launch right from my back porch into a wooded area and it wouldn't be hard to tell my house from the recovered footage let alone the GPS data. Ie launched 50 times from this near exact spot. So my option the ID on the bird may help you more then it hurts for a lost bird where someone might just find it on an uneventful crash an call you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why do you need to drive 30 minutes away to launch? What's wrong with across the street? Or ¼ mile down the road?

And do you think that if you caused someone harm/damage, the first thing the law is gonna do is pull the card right then and their and toss it into their handy-dandy computer?

Have labels on mine and each battery. I'd rather hope someone might contact me to return it if it came down where I can't find it.

I have my name on mine I figure if she goes down on someones private property I'll just say"hey it went haywire I lost all control and It landed accidentally on your property".

I have my name and phone Nr on it.

As an AMA member. We always put our AMA # and contact info in every model we fly. It is part of the AMA rules.

I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted after a lost model is found and returned. But several times our club has had models returned to our members because the info was in the model.

I actually have N numbers for 2 of my DJI MRs, all part of the 333 process.

I think everyone should take responsibility for their actions by putting the info in or on all their models. It makes you think twice about doing something stupid, and it may well get the MR returned to you if it lands away from you.

I think that the authorities would be more positively inclined if you made it easy to find the pilot, rather than a lot of detective work.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Also labelled my P3A and batteries.

23006318101_3fa1a52618_z.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4