After the crash

Reaction score
image.jpg Just crashed DJI 4 into a low hanging telephone and tv cable. The drone dove into neighbors yard, and the battery flew out. One of the plastic arm casing was damaged. I was able to fly some more after the crash, without noticing maneuver issues. What do you recommend at this point? What kind of internal damage tends to occur in these scenarios ? What is my prognosis? What steps are recommended for repair ?

I have a Phantom 3, not 4, but I think my answer is relevant either way. Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can know as to the extent of the damage until you fire it up and fly it some more, which you say you have already done. If it were me, I would plan my next flight around starting it up and just waiting a few minutes to see if all systems are definitely coming online normally. Then start the motors and do the same, just wait and watch. Are you keeping satellite connection, fpv connection, camera recording properly, etc. Then go into a low hover and do the same. Do a short, low & slow flight to see that everything is still running correctly.

Phantoms are known to survive many crashes pretty well, I have had a few tumbles myself. Actually my last was just like yours. Clipped a wire and flipped it, landed right side up but hard, then off into a yard and bush upside down. Dinged one prop beyond use but other that that it was just like nothing ever happened.

Reactions: Coach Morg
View attachment 63583 Just crashed DJI 4 into a low hanging telephone and tv cable. The drone dove into neighbors yard, and the battery flew out. One of the plastic arm casing was damaged. I was able to fly some more after the crash, without noticing maneuver issues. What do you recommend at this point? What kind of internal damage tends to occur in these scenarios ? What is my prognosis? What steps are recommended for repair ?

Have it repaired. No sense in risking failure at altitude. Water resistance has been compromised, as well.

Contact DJI and open a repair ticket. Wait for the RMA and shipping label. I had similar damage. Here's how my repair went:

Positive Review: P4 DJI US repair

First crash: Pilot error and what next?

DJI North America address?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20