After the Crash

Reaction score
Crashed my Vision + destroyed the gimble & camera and now waiting for a replacement. In the meantime I've been inspecting the unit. All seems well except for the Vision app will not recognized battery voltage or GPS lock. Does having the gimble separated from the unit be the cause of this? Just curious. I suspect maybe the GPS is cracked but if it were not for the battery voltage being also not recognized I wonder if the 2 are related? Any ideas? Lesson learned.

thanks

98FLSTC said:
Crashed my Vision + destroyed the gimble & camera and now waiting for a replacement. In the meantime I've been inspecting the unit. All seems well except for the Vision app will not recognized battery voltage or GPS lock. Does having the gimble separated from the unit be the cause of this? Just curious. I suspect maybe the GPS is cracked but if it were not for the battery voltage being also not recognized I wonder if the 2 are related? Any ideas? Lesson learned.

thanks

The telemetry is going with the video true the camera base plate electrics or what ever.
If you detach the camera/gimbal/baseplate the app will turn blank.
The only way to determine GPS is working is true the LEDs on the back, green and red flashes.

Thanks. Good information. Still cannot get GPS lock. Most likely a cracked antenna. One other anomaly is when I do a CSC command for shut down. 2 motors briefly spin up just prior to shutting down. Never had this occur pre-crash. Performed all the required re-cal's etc. hoping to correct it. Thoughts?

Thanks

you likely do not perform your CSC shut down correctly, first throttle stick all the way down before moving directional stick down then both sticks in

98FLSTC said:
Thanks. Good information. Still cannot get GPS lock. Most likely a cracked antenna. One other anomaly is when I do a CSC command for shut down. 2 motors briefly spin up just prior to shutting down. Never had this occur pre-crash. Performed all the required re-cal's etc. hoping to correct it. Thoughts?

Thanks

Why are you performing CSC after landing?

Hold JUST the left stick down for 3-5 seconds.

No chance of inadvertently adding a rearward left command from the right stick.

Because its one of the two methods of shutdown in the user manual. Page 26 of version 1.4.

Now back to the original question. Any ideas on why 2 motors spin up prior to shutting down? this did not occur pre-crash.

thanks

98FLSTC said:

Because its one of the two methods of shutdown in the user manual. Page 26 of version 1.4.

Now back to the original question. Any ideas on why 2 motors spin up prior to shutting down? this did not occur pre-crash.

thanks

Wow, you just joined, have not likely contributed anything, and you feel the need to be snarky.

CSC is generally considered an emergency cut-off method. I see the P2V+ manual does say this but the manual has known to be somewhat sketchy in some areas. For example: My P2 manual v1.1 does not mention CSC after landing.

By performing CSC on the ground after landing you are also inputting a rearward left Attitude command from the right stick.

Might this cause the appropriate motors to spin-up briefly and immediately prior to recognizing and executing a CSC cut-off?

Are you willing to try 'left stick only' and advise of the results?

Panamon Creel said:
you likely do not perform your CSC shut down correctly, first throttle stick all the way down before moving directional stick down then both sticks in

Exactly my idea.
I sometimes get that when i perform it not right.
Anyway its difficult to do that when hand catching but i sometimes do that when i have to test something and the bird was never in flight on that power up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic