After the crash??

Reaction score
For whatever reason the Phantom 2 just stopped responding to the controller. Just beginning to start to figure out what that was all about. The Phantom looks to be ok (outwardly at least) but the H3-3D gimbal was damaged. Hopefully it can be rescued. I need to straighten out one of the metal mounting arms but I can't figure out how to remove the washer that holds the plastic pins in place. Looks like the only option would be to cut the pin as I can't pry it off?

tymb said:
For whatever reason the Phantom 2 just stopped responding to the controller. Just beginning to start to figure out what that was all about. The Phantom looks to be ok (outwardly at least) but the H3-3D gimbal was damaged. Hopefully it can be rescued. I need to straighten out one of the metal mounting arms but I can't figure out how to remove the washer that holds the plastic pins in place. Looks like the only option would be to cut the pin as I can't pry it off?

I asked the same thing here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24026

It looks like cutting them is the only option, they appear to be one use only and not reusable, hence the extra pair which come with the Zenmuse H33D.

As for the crash, did failsafe (return to home) not kick in?

freefall101 said:
I asked the same thing here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24026

It looks like cutting them is the only option, they appear to be one use only and not reusable, hence the extra pair which come with the Zenmuse H33D.

As for the crash, did failsafe (return to home) not kick in?

Ah, so I'm not the only one. :) Thanks for the input. I guess it wouldn't hurt to order some extras while I'm at it.

Fairly new to the Phantom 2 but have flown enough to become quite comfortable with it-- even around some obstacles given there's not a lot of wide open space around the house. I was in the process of landing, it was only maybe 20 feet up and for whatever reason it just decided to drift away toward a nearby tree. Clipped a few branches and fell to the ground.

I also would like to see someone answer the question you asked in the previous post you made:
>>Plastic wire ties? How does this look when done properly? Thanks for the help<<

tymb said:
I also would like to see someone answer the question you asked in the previous post you made:
>>Plastic wire ties? How does this look when done properly? Thanks for the help<<

RRXJBl7l.jpg

qEBBE0Cl.jpg

Just tight enough to not flop around, but not tight enough to compress the dampener.

OI Photography said:
tymb said:

Just tight enough to not flop around, but not tight enough to compress the dampener.

What took you so long? :mrgreen:
Thanks much for the quick response. I may have to try this method myself.

Sorry, had to get the studio set up just right ;)

I actually took those a few days ago for just such an occasion. They're a cheap simple solution, and you know the odds are that the one time you don't use something like that is the one time you land a little hard and the gimbal comes flying off the dampeners :roll:

OI Photography said:
tymb said:

RRXJBl7l.jpg

qEBBE0Cl.jpg

Thanks OI, so basically you don't use those plastic securing pins and instead simply loop around one plastic cable tie in each of the two corners? Good idea....

Edit: also, what is the white plastic around your GoPro and gimbal, some sort of anchor to hold it in place?

freefall101 said:
Thanks OI, so basically you don't use those plastic securing pins and instead simply loop around one plastic cable tie in each of the two corners?

You got it! I'm certainly not the only or even first person to think of that, it's just what I've been doing since I first got my gimbal.

OI Photography said:
freefall101 said:
Thanks OI, so basically you don't use those plastic securing pins and instead simply loop around one plastic cable tie in each of the two corners?

You got it! I'm certainly not the only or even first person to think of that, it's just what I've been doing since I first got my gimbal.

The Vision + I had previously (had to RMA) has that kind stabilizer. Really miss that w/ the 2. You made this yourself?

tymb said:
The Vision + I had previously (had to RMA) has that kind stabilizer. Really miss that w/ the 2. You made this yourself?

If you're talking about the white retaining bracket that holds the camera in place, I got it here: http://www.raveaerialvideo.com/product/ ... l-bracket/

Not sure where you are, there's also a dealer in the US that carries those but they're out of stock at the moment.

Thanks for the details. I'm in the US but will look around and see if I can find one in stock somewhere. Would be good to stabilize the camera and keep it from flopping around.

OI Photography said:
tymb said:

If you're talking about the white retaining bracket that holds the camera in place, I got it here: http://www.raveaerialvideo.com/product/ ... l-bracket/

Not sure where you are, there's also a dealer in the US that carries those but they're out of stock at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers