after remove camera, it doesn't work dji vision app.

Reaction score
I remove vision plus camera + gimbal.
then, dji vision app doesn't work.
after binding camera on dji vision app menu (using qr code on phantom2).
the range extender wifi signal lost.

it possible to using dji vision app without vision plus camera and gimbal?

Geese dude that's not it at all. A portion of the Wi-fi system is contained in the base of the gimbal. You don't need the entire camera, but you need at least the gimbal base installed & connected to get telemetry.

What a POS is this DJI policy, they really sound identical like Apple.

If you don't plan on using the camera but want telementry data their is a way to do a little rewiring to have it sent to the app without the camera or gimbal.

@RoyVa , Im all ears ! :) As I got the info I need that PCB from some broken gimbal and that is very hard to find. Do you know for some other way to do it ? Just telemetry would be ok since I will use GoPro. Is it suitable for the owner which never saw Phantom in life till now ? :)
How far can he send telemetry data without wifi extender which normally comes on the remote ?
I plan to use Ebay gimbal, not Zenmuse or anything expensive.
Thanks

@Dirty Bird I know what I need but roots of those kind of hobbies were when people were buying all parts separate and then made helicopters and quadricopters. Then comes DJI on which you need to shovel 600$ for any kind of problem with the gimbal or the camera. And there are generic gimbals in parts on Ebay for 40$.
Was it so hard to separate at least the camera and the gimbal so DJI doesnt milk so much money when something happens ?

Last edited:
You have to open the bird:
And in regards to internal wiring, its very simple provided you can open her up.
Look for the wifi module - its a rectangular metal box. On the wifi module is 3 cables. Find the widest cable and leave that plugged in and take the other end and plug it into the CAM port on the main board (unplug the existing cable that is in the CAM port). This will power the module and give you telemetry and radar, enough for data for flying. This works with android not sure about IOS.

Reactions: Karanba
Really, and that is it ? Can I fry something ? I have found some instructions on rcgroups forum but there it seems way more work and also I think that they have connected it with longer cable to the Zenmuse which I dont have. Maybe I can connect it on that Storm32 gimbal that I want ?

Also, when I do that what you told me and if I get the telemetry, is it possible then to use waypoints with the Phantom ? Coz that would be great for my use.

Do you know on what range it would work without signal booster coz I did not get it ?

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Really, and that is it ? Can I fry something ? I have found some instructions on rcgroups forum but there it seems way more work and also I think that they have connected it with longer cable to the Zenmuse which I dont have. Maybe I can connect it on that Storm32 gimbal that I want ?

Also, when I do that what you told me and if I get the telemetry, is it possible then to use waypoints with the Phantom ? Coz that would be great for my use.

Do you know on what range it would work without signal booster coz I did not get it ?

Thanks a lot !

Royva is correct.
This will power up the wifi module for telemetry. You only need the 15cm zenmuse cable if you want to convert to a P2VPlus with H33D and Gopro3 Hybrid system. The hybrid P2VPlus and Gorpo will allow you to use the DJI Vision app with your ANDROID phone and utilise 2 way coms for Groundstation, dynamic home point, radar etc.

Just remember - gopro settings CANNOT be changed mid-flight. You will need to press record and fly.

Reactions: Karanba
Ok, just to make things clear:

If I connect this I will get telemetry in DJI Vision app on my phone ? Camera part will be black but I will have telemetry data displayed ? Can it show where I am on the map there ? Can I use then waypoints by just plugging this where it should go ? We are speaking here ONLY with connecting this cable where its needed, no Zenmuse gimbal or anything. Can I get telemtry and waypoints without original gimbal and camera ? As I understand I will have everything in DJI app except video part and gimbal movement when I connect this.

NEXT question is gimbal, I will buy this from Ebay, can it be used for anything regarding FPV or its a no go ? I will not buy Zenmuse or other expensive Gimbal since I dont use Phantom so often and those prices are insane.

3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount &32bit Storm32 Controller /Gopro 3 4 i UK

Ok, just to make things clear:

If I connect this I will get telemetry in DJI Vision app on my phone ? Camera part will be black but I will have telemetry data displayed ? Can it show where I am on the map there ? Can I use then waypoints by just plugging this where it should go ? We are speaking here ONLY with connecting this cable where its needed, no Zenmuse gimbal or anything. Can I get telemtry and waypoints without original gimbal and camera ? As I understand I will have everything in DJI app except video part and gimbal movement when I connect this.

NEXT question is gimbal, I will buy this from Ebay, can it be used for anything regarding FPV or its a no go ? I will not buy Zenmuse or other expensive Gimbal since I dont use Phantom so often and those prices are insane.

3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount &32bit Storm32 Controller /Gopro 3 4 i UK

You will need to read more on the RCGroups forum on non Zenmuse gimbals. They should work provided you do some tweaking. I know some require direct plug in to the NAZA for the tilt to work. If you want headache free and better resale value, get the H3-3D or H4-3D.

Yes I need to find out where I should conenct gimbal control in the NAZA.

I cannot/dont want to swallow that Zenmuse price. But as I have understood I still need Quickrelease for FPV and telemetry to work so this is the option that I dont want to pay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik