After market props

Reaction score
Thought i would try some larger carbon fibre props which i think are for the phantom 2 vision or 3.

..........wont be doing that again, will stick with the originals.

Either unbalanced or just dont do it!

Started her up......sent her up.....jesus! It was like a wasp trying to mate!!! No control....lucky i got it down in one piece. Anyone had this problem?

I see you're kinda new around here unless you lurked for a while.

The prop issue comes up frequently and is overwhelmingly in favor of only using DJI props.

It's a closed-loop control system and making a change to such a critical element de-tunes it.

Stick with OEM props. I have not seen enough benefit from any aftermarket props so far.

Stick with OEM props. I have not seen enough benefit from any aftermarket props so far.

Unless they are properly balanced. No aftermarket props have come perfectly balanced in my experience. The OEM props are closest to perfect as they test them before shipping, but I even check those too. My best props are aftermarket carbon fiber props that I balanced. They flew crappy prior to balancing, but they are silky smooth after. I guess the best rule is if you dont want to balance props, stick to OEM:)

Definitely need to balance (don’t file/sand, use tape for weight) but IMO those big CF (carbon fiber) 9450’s need a heavy Payload to behave somewhat normally. They’re longer, pitched more than stock 8” props and they’re very stiff. Need a heavy load to tame ‘em a bit.

Even the P2 plastic 9443’s generate enough lift for a minimally loaded bird to handle “funny”. At least they flex a bit though so a lighter payload doesn’t seem quite as twitchy.

My application for P1 is that if I’m lifting Cam, Gimble, dual batteries, VTX, I generally use plastic 9443’s. Rise in altitude above 5k ft I’ll put the 9450 CF’s on for flying a fully loaded bird in thinner air.

But sometimes I remove everything except a small FPV cam w/TX, single 2200mAh brick - then usually go back to the stock 8” props.

Reactions: 262octa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj