Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

After Fiji, my Phantom goes to Quebec City

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Aerial Entertainment Studios, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

Hello all,

After a successful initial trip to Fiji, I traveled all the way around the world to the lovely city of Quebec. A fantastic destination for any couple looking for a romantic escape. Quebec City is by far the most European city in North America.

Aside from some major magnetic declination issues that cost me a phantom unit (it dived in the water), I was able to get some pretty good footage of this lovely holiday destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZcuGoQjemQ

Let me know what you think.

2. EdmontonPhotog

Beautiful shots and great editing, but I'm not a fan of the "focus viginette" or whatever the effect is called. It would be effective on one of the clips, but got old quickly.

3. chuddly

agreed...that effect only ruins a large portion of of what im trying to see which is the scenery

4. mikey

Have you been to Old Montreal? I personally like it better than quebec even (I'm a prairie boy from Alberta).. old Montreal feels like your taking a step into Europe.. very nice feeling.

5. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

Good to know and thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty new at this so trying different things as I go along. The weather was pretty shitty when I shot most of the film so the colours didn't come out nicely. I figured I would compensate with some tilt shift effect to draw the attention away from the lack of brilliance in the shots.

Would you then suggest I remove the tilt-shift effect all together and simply go with the original footage?

I happily welcome any other constructive comments.

Cheers.

6. badbrad97

What are you editing with? I would just do color correction to put some color back if possible.

7. chapsrlz

why are you using the blur effect on the corners?

to hide the props or to create a tilt-shift effect?

8. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

The intent was to create a tilt shift effect, but apparently people are finding this to be an unnecessary addition. I'm experimenting as I am new to this so the feedback is very constructive.

9. EdmontonPhotog

You could certainly keep the effect in a single clip, but more than that is overkill IMHO.