After Fiji, my Phantom goes to Quebec City

Reaction score
Hello all,

After a successful initial trip to Fiji, I traveled all the way around the world to the lovely city of Quebec. A fantastic destination for any couple looking for a romantic escape. Quebec City is by far the most European city in North America.

Aside from some major magnetic declination issues that cost me a phantom unit (it dived in the water), I was able to get some pretty good footage of this lovely holiday destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZcuGoQjemQ

Let me know what you think.

EdmontonPhotog said:
Beautiful shots and great editing, but I'm not a fan of the "focus viginette" or whatever the effect is called. It would be effective on one of the clips, but got old quickly.

agreed...that effect only ruins a large portion of of what im trying to see which is the scenery

Have you been to Old Montreal? I personally like it better than quebec even (I'm a prairie boy from Alberta).. old Montreal feels like your taking a step into Europe.. very nice feeling.

Good to know and thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty new at this so trying different things as I go along. The weather was pretty shitty when I shot most of the film so the colours didn't come out nicely. I figured I would compensate with some tilt shift effect to draw the attention away from the lack of brilliance in the shots.

Would you then suggest I remove the tilt-shift effect all together and simply go with the original footage?

I happily welcome any other constructive comments.

Cheers.

What are you editing with? I would just do color correction to put some color back if possible.

why are you using the blur effect on the corners?

to hide the props or to create a tilt-shift effect?

The intent was to create a tilt shift effect, but apparently people are finding this to be an unnecessary addition. I'm experimenting as I am new to this so the feedback is very constructive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic