After Effects help?

Reaction score
I am very new to After Effects (CS3). I have a video i am trying to get to render but its keeps doing all kinds of crazy stuff.
The first component is VERY grainy and poor resolution but all the rest are fine....any suggestions?
The fade in and outs (done with opacity) are grainy also...???
Im getting some sections of the video that are all stutter and the raw video is not like that at all????

The computer is a new Lenovo W540 with an I7 proc and 16 gig of RAM. I guess my biggest question is about settings in the render queue??? what should i use? any ideas on where to go? T
Thanks in advance!

Are you mixing frame rates?

Make sure the composition that you're creating the video on (timeline) is in the proper resolution and frame rate that you want to export it as. Make sure this isn't higher than your imported video.

In the render settings, I believe there are preset dropdowns that will get you started for export settings.

Trust me I tried to google it...have been looking through things for 3 days now. The settings are all the same (1920x1080 and all the same frame rates). I tried upping the frame rates to 60fps leaving it at the default 29.97 and 30 fps. No change at all.

chuddly said:
Trust me I tried to google it...have been looking through things for 3 days now. The settings are all the same (1920x1080 and all the same frame rates). I tried upping the frame rates to 60fps leaving it at the default 29.97 and 30 fps. No change at all.

Should not be, what are you rending too? Quicktime? AVI?

It does often depend on what codec you're exporting (and bit rate). -and don't do 60fps, it'll never play back smoothly

If you're uploading to youtube, maybe try MPEG4 at high quality.

i did finally get it to work after playing with some settings....Also i got it to play super smooth at 60 fps also. Not saying anyone is wrong...just saying that i did. Thanks for the suggestions it helped point me in the right direction of what to look at and change settings on.

Unless you're planning on editing it further, I'd recommend exporting to either 30fps or 24fps.

Jebus said:
Unless you're planning on editing it further, I'd recommend exporting to either 30fps or 24fps.

good advice

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20