After crash Phantom 2 vision + just beeps.

Reaction score
Hello people.

After a GPS flight I turned to manual today to practice. It was about 20 ft above a grass area. I did some forward backward and side moves and it tilted on a sharp angle and it crashed. 2 broken props and bent gimbal arm. Battery was still in contact. It was on. I turned it off and put replacement props. I turned it on and there was just a beeping sound. The sound is the same as the sound of upgrading the firmware. I opened it, removed gimbal and saw that the wifi metal box had a dent . I opened the wifi box. The 2 boards look fine inside. I straightened the metal box. Apart form these physical damages I can't see anything else.The Phantom doesn't even connect to assistant. Any opinions? I checked all the connections and they looked fine. No fried plastics smell no burnt cables. ESC's look fine I don't know about the motors but they turn fine with hand rotation. I don't think a video would help, so I don't post one unless you want to hear the sound.

Thank you for your attention.

You'll need to hook it to PC ASSISTANT,
Via USB to computer.
Do an ADVANCED IMU calibration,
Followed by tx calibration ( your remote )
( might as well since you are already hooked up )
Then go outside do a FRESH compass calibration,
Should fly like new!

Keeps us informed!

Take care, fly safe!
J Dot

Did not realize you could not hook to PC!
Do you have a spare battery? Your battery might be damaged?
Also check CLOSELY for any broken solder joints, or unplugged connections
Even connection on compass, check EVERYTHING CLOSELY!

Let us know?

J Dot

I put another battery. It didn't change a thing. I will inspect every solder joint. If wifi is broken could this be the cause of the beeping sound?

Not sure?
Sounds like IMU issue to me, but we NEED to
Hook to PC to fix, so that is our first priority!

Have you tried to hook to PC with second battery?
I Would inspect Usb Port and cable on phantom.

I will look to see if there is a hard start process?
Will get back to you!

J Dot

thanks for the video. I've already seen it. I just don't get it. I understood the broken power cable but what was the next issue? I didn't understand it

Your symptoms indicate that the Naza unit is not getting power.

Do you have a multimeter? If so, measure the voltage at the wire that goes into X3. Brown is ground, red should be +5.5V.

If no voltage there, take a good look at the inductor that sits at the corner of the wifi box. It's the large square part that looks like it might have 4 legs, but really has just 2. It sometimes gets loose, or loses good contact with the board. Soldering it back in place may fix your issue.

2015-02-16-00-03-29~2.jpg

I checked what I understand you said. It looks normal

I don't have any voltage reading . I dont know if i measured it in the right way. So it might be the main board?

Pull the X3 connector out from the Naza. If you study it, you'll notice one side of the connectors has "windows" with the inner gold contacts showing through.
You can touch the multimeter probes to these contacts to measure the voltage (though be careful not to short the probes together; you can put tape over all
except the very tip to help prevent this). You can also just clip the black probe to a ground contact anywhere on the board (easiest is at an ESC shield wire),
and then you only have to probe with the red probe. Just probe the red wire of X3 (middle wire). Should give some reading. Also touch one of the "V"
contacts for the ESCs to verify that you read battery voltage there.

Except for the windows inside those plugs every surface has a water resistant or maybe anti humid covering (it is glossy). I really cannot read voltages. But i tried the windows as you said and there was just millivolts. Main board doesn't look physically damaged. Unlike NAZA. I detached it and I saw bent-cracked cover. Circuits inside look ok though. Whatever windows I tested there was no voltage. Any other thoughts?

Well, it sounds like the voltage regulator on the main board is broken. A new main board is about $60.

(I forgot about the clearcoat. You have to use pins to poke through it, then hold the probe against the pin. Or get really sharp probes.)

Yep! It was the board!!! I replaced it and I upgraded it! Nice! I am starting to assemble this mess back again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31