after compass calibration

Reaction score
After compass calibration, does it matter where you're gonna point the front part of the Phantom when launching/taking off? Or u have to position the Phantom the sam direction when calibrating?

I'm always aware of which way I want to be front during calibration. As it will show it on your Map. You can position it any direction you want during take off. But you can lose orientation of craft by doing it. Best to always know which way is front. As you can't really see it from high altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It does not matter which way you point it, but it would be easiest to control when it's pointing away from you. A lot of people become disoriented when the Phantom is pointing directly at them. And, that's the last thing you want to happen when you're taking off and/or are close to the ground.

thank u guys for the response. So let us say I had the nose pointed facing the same way I am facing during the compass calibration. Then I made a 180 degree turn after the calibration have the drone on the ground front end facing forward same way I would be and launch the aircraft. .would it cause a problem ?

After compass calibration you can take off with the phantom facing any direction you like. Most people find it easiest to take off and land with the phantom facing away from them. I turn the phantom off and on again after a compass calibration when it is level and where I want it to take off from.

So let us say I had the nose pointed facing the same way I am facing during the compass calibration.
This is how your Phantom should be facing when doing a compass calibration:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To answer your question though, the two are unrelated. You can take off with your Phantom facing in any direction.

follow me mode

Reactions: kingfisher555

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31