After changing RX I have a continue yellow flash!

Reaction score
I've replaced the Phantom stock TX and RX with a Spektrum DX8. It means that I am using the traditional way to connect RX to Naza M, with many extensions going from RX to Naza. (One for each channel)

After completing the process I've checked on DJI Naza Assistant software and my RX is binding with the TX. I managed to setup all controls in the assistant and I can see that when I move my controls on the DX8, the controls are responding on the DJI Naza Assistant software correctly.

Once I've finished I've disconnected the USB, unplugged and then plugged again the battery but after few green, red flashes I have continuously a yellow flash. I understand continue yellow flash means that the TX is not binding the RX but if I connect to USB and the DJI Naza is showing that when I move controls, the assistant is recognizing them properly.

The flashing is not like the 3 o 4 flashes that you have when the Phantom is initializing, it is a continue blinking yellow flash.

Has anybody have any idea. Am I missing something?

Did you change the setting in the Naza Assistant for the transmitter, to "traditional" ?
I believe stock DJI was set on "PPM" and something like a Futaba S-Bus with a single connection is set to "D-Bus"

Audaciter said:
Did you change the setting in the Naza Assistant for the transmitter, to "traditional" ?
I believe stock DJI was set on "PPM" and something like a Futaba S-Bus with a single connection is set to "D-Bus"
Yes I did, actually before doing that my TX was not recognized. That is the funny part, my TX seems to work well on the DJI Naza Assitant.

I managed to go further, the problem was with the switch that is controlling the flight modes, GPS, Atti,Manual, I had values that were out of range.

Now I managed to give some good values and the Phantom is starting up correctly. Now I have one (kind of stupid) problem, I am not able to start the engines. On my stock transmitter I had to put both sticks towards down and internally but this is not working.

The different is that my TX the throttle is not self centered.

How do you initialize engines with Futaba T8J or other TXs?

On my DX8 they are both down and in....one thing i was going to ask you is.... do you have your satelite cable plugged in to the RX and satelite firmly? Is it a brand new RX and satelite? On two different occasions I have seen faulty satelites or satelite cables, the pins corrode over time, horizon hobby will tell you this....it gives the fast flashing yellow light even when the NAZA assistant worked perfectly. I thought the receiver was bad...sent it in only to find out it was a bad cable (bought it used). On my flame F550 the same DX8 is down and out....to fire the motors. Oh and BTW the motors will not fire if everything else is not working perfectly in order!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj