After changing engines, all are turning CW

Reaction score
Hi all,

After replacing the old engines with new one of my P3A, all engines are turning CW, even the grey one. The are solderd properly. Can anyone help?

I'de love to see a video of that flying.

You have the two that are supposed to turn CCW wired wrong. These are brushless three phase motors. They all will turn CW or CCW depending how they are wired. All you have to do is switch any of the two wires of the three wires, then it will change direction.
Be sure you have the correct motors turning in the correct direction.
They are called motors.

The board is silk screened as to what color motor wire is to go to what solder pad.

The board is silk screened as to what color motor wire is to go to what solder pad.
It doesn't matter, switch two of the wires. Believe me, I have been building and selling quads for years.
Thank me later.

"If you have finished building your drone and find that one of your motors is spinning the wrong way, this will be because you have connected the wires the wrong way around. An easy fix would be to simply swap the two outer wires. There's no need to worry, as with brushless motors, there is no wrong way to connect the motor to ESC wires as there are no positive or negative wires."

You have the two that are supposed to turn CCW wired wrong. These are brushless three phase motors. They all will turn CW or CCW depending how they are wired. All you have to do is switch any of the two wires of the three wires, then it will change direction.
Be sure you have the correct motors turning in the correct direction.
They are called motors.
They are also called engines by definition, being a machine that converts energy into motion. I'm sure all, including you, had no question what the OP meant by use of the word.

They are also called engines by definition, being a machine that converts energy into motion. I'm sure all, including you, had no question what the OP meant by use of the word.
Actually, as we teach students in physics, engine convert heat into mechanical energy (as in internal combustion or steam engine) and motors convert electrical energy to mechanical. But, yes, we did all know towhich part on his phantom he was referring

Reactions: Falcon900
Actually, as we teach students in physics, engine convert heat into mechanical energy (as in internal combustion or steam engine) and motors convert electrical energy to mechanical. But, yes, we did all know towhich part on his phantom he was referring
Yes, no doubt we had the word engine in common parlance before the first electric motor came into existence. I understand the distinction, and you got my point. I shouldn't have bothered commenting earlier however I find it frustrating when people correct others unnecessarily- especially when they are wrong. I'm pretty sure it was the same person who tried to tell me that a falling object will hit the ground at 32fps no matter what height it falls from.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub