Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

After Autoflight is engaged Phantom shooting up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raini, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Raini

Hello.
    Everytime that Autoflight engages with my P3P it shoots up like a rocket to about 15 meters and then decents to the desired altitude. Before the engagement the P3P is already brought manually to the setup mission-altitude. The DJI-Go-app is completely shutdown. I see this behavior from the moment I started using the Autoflight-app. Could there be a relationship with the Altitude-priority-setting? I noticed that after the P3P has been disengaged, the altitude on the flight-dashboard reads a "0". I also noticed on "Healthy Drones" that the logged altitude after landing is -15 meter. Does anyone seeing the same behavior?
    Many thanks

2. this could have something to do with return to home but I don't know...
    I have no idea. I wouldn't use the autoflight app though if this happens.

3. Raini

No, I will definitely not stop using the Autoflight-app. The guys from Autoflightlogic are really doing an excellent job. In the meantime I found the cause of this described problem. This is a misinterpretation of one choices I have to make during the engagement. This is the choice between using the takeoff or current location as a reference for the altitude. I was misled by the word "location", in this case this refering to the altitude. I chose for the current location, so during the engagement at 10 meters the altimeter was reset to 0 and for that reason Autoflight added another 10 meter, the chosen mission-altitude. So the mission was carried out at 20 meter. So no problem, no bug, just my mistake.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app