After a year....first crash...

Reaction score
1st crash....in one second was there,just hovering...looked to my back...next second was on the ground...everything is working....just don't know what happen...maybe a real bird hit my bird...(a few birds seems very interested in my phantom at that time...)

MURPHY strikes again!
( if it can, it WILL ), lol. Sorry to hear about this unfortunate event! At least your bird is still operational.

I hit a JUNE BUG once in flight, nearly causing a crash! Not to mention the horrible mess, looked like something out of Fri. The 13th movie! Take care!

J Dot

Reactions: socrats
MURPHY strikes again!
( if it can, it WILL ), lol. Sorry to hear about this unfortunate event! At least your bird is still operational.

I hit a JUNE BUG once in flight, nearly causing a crash! Not to mention the horrible mess, looked like something out of Fri. The 13th movie! Take care!

J Dot
Thanks man!I'm completly lost,I don't know what happen...after the crash,I put another fresh batt,wait for home lock,lifted off,and hoover a couple of minutes in front of me...completly normal...a few dents in the camera and some grass stains...the tall grass saved my bird!

Reactions: ronbo
You might want to hook it to Pc assistant and run a basic/advanced IMU calibration, just in case your gyros, accelerometer, and compass, have been knocked silly! I'd also do a fresh Tx calibration, and fresh compass cal, just to make sure she is working at 100%. You never know? Maybe not needed, if she is still flying well, but always good procedure, in any event where craft gets banged up, tree, crash, ect. Better safe than sorry, I always say. Solely up to you!

As for the crash? Not sure, maybe look closely at the footage ( if you were filming at the time? ) maybe a clue there? Inspect bird for any signs of contact with foreign object ( bird, bug, bullet hole ) lol bullet hole, just kidding! Mine had ( sure signs of impact with JUNE BUG, as parts of him were still attached to my phantom, poor little guy! I guess he should have cleared his flight path with the tower first?

My bird TUMBLED FROM ABOUT 30' up, out of control, so I PUNCHED the throttle FULL BORE, about 8' from the ground it leveled out, but kept falling, then finally started pulling up, not sure if it actually touched the ground or not, but it was surely close enough! Scary as heck!

But we survived, and all is well!
Hope you find an answer, good luck!

Take care, Fly safe!
( and stay away from those pesky birds )
J Dot

Hard to tell about those types of crashes. Review the video and you may get a hint. I turned around one day and moved a stick and into a fence I went. Hope you figure it out.

Reactions: socrats
Hard to tell about those types of crashes. Review the video and you may get a hint. I turned around one day and moved a stick and into a fence I went. Hope you figure it out.
Not recording at the time....I hooked to pc and everything is ok,but just in case ,I will do a cali...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic