Afraid to order with all these problems. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
P3 is good machine but I believe the inspire 1 is more dependable machine and I have both the p3 is in bad shape and I admit it was my fault a crash esc is shot and camera is too so now I'm trying to figure if should fix or just buy another I actually believe it's cheaper to buy new one. But then I'll have lots of spare part and controller.

P3 is good machine but I believe the inspire 1 is more dependable machine and I have both the p3 is in bad shape and I admit it was my fault a crash esc is shot and camera is too so now I'm trying to figure if should fix or just buy another I actually believe it's cheaper to buy new one. But then I'll have lots of spare part and controller.

I'll have to wait a bit on the Inspire, though ... if ever. Price tag is a pretty high reach for this retiree.

Agree with the above. With respect to this kind of technology when you consider what it takes to give you a 720 p downlink from a miles or more away with everything else, it's pretty amazing.

It may be a little tricky to keep up with little tweets here and there but overall, it's a pretty stout aircraft. Like above, I'll second that if you respect the craft and make sure everything is in line you should fly problem and worry free.

Forgive my perceived negativity, it stems from spending hours in the sky flying this cool, superior machine and then just having to look at it laying in the floor with it's little broken arms and legs and not being able to go anymore. Thought about it last night and I'm going to stay with the P3P once replaced.

That being said......an earlier post stated that Amazon Prime and Visa would replace a faulty unit, maybe a dumb question but does that also cover a Visa debit card? If so I'm going that route.

I'm 100% satisfisfied with mine. Finding this forum and learning the finer points of the aircraft really has helped me but I was up and running out of the box no problem. Still not even as much as a nicked prop.

phantomlog.jpg

Not to make this any more political than it already really is, but the sooner were vacate the White House of Democrat rodents, the sooner that "big govt" feel will go away! Otherwise, I do see what you are saying. This really isnt something to argue, but more something to work toward fighting against. Fortunately, the FAA has always done pretty well at staying in their lane. Hopefully that continues!
I don't want to feed into the OT, but both major parties are all about "big govt". There is no difference between them. Repubs aren't going to come in & protect the rights of us "drone" owners any more than the dems will. ALL any of them care about is making their lobbyists happy so they can collect campaign $$$ and get reelected. Then, after they've "served the public" for a while they can go get jobs as lobbyists making $$$$. I don't believe DJI has a big budget for lobbying just yet.

OK. Done with the OT. Carry on.

I was almost ready to order my P3P before few days until I came here to this forum and reading all these hundreds of posts with Dji's problems.

Drones missing, uncontrollable phantoms, flyaway, apps crashing in both I ios and Android, etc. ..

Finally is there anyone satisfied 100% with no problems or there ?

When spending almost 2000€ for the bird with batteries and case, such problems are not acceptable, righ or not ?

What do you propose to do ? Stay away from P3P for a while until Dji solves the problems or go to another solution like Solo ?

Eddie

Be afraid, be very afraid. Actually. I just kidding. the one problem with reading about problems or flys always etc is that you will mostly see posts from people who are having problems vs those satisfied customers flying happily with out a problem. People with issues are by far in the monitory. Also many fly away issues and crashes have been or can be attributed to user error vs aircraft malfunction. With that said you should not be afraid and go ahead with your purchase but make sure you read the full manual first and fly in an open area while you learn.

Reactions: oal331
lol. omg. Yeah, I'm sick of Obama meddling with my drone flights. Huh?? Please. Let's not poison these threads with silly, meaningless, partisan nonsense.

At least not while "YOUR SIDE" is in charge that is.... got it ;)

Be afraid, be very afraid. Actually. I just kidding. the one problem with reading about problems or flys always etc is that you will mostly see posts from people who are having problems vs those satisfied customers flying happily with out a problem. People with issues are by far in the monitory. Also many fly away issues and crashes have been or can be attributed to user error vs aircraft malfunction. With that said you should not be afraid and go ahead with your purchase but make sure you read the full manual first and fly in an open area while you learn.

Not so sure about that. Seems a lot of people excited about their experience come here to share as well. Look at all the videos posted. I have a feeling it's probably balanced.

At least not while "YOUR SIDE" is in charge that is.... got it ;)

Not ever. This is a forum for the meeting of the minds, but your post invites this response: "my side" is the one based on the demonstrable outcomes of policy. I am not a member of any political party, as I have come to understand the value of thinking for myself and judging outcomes based on measurable data and facts and not on political loyalties. And with that, I'm done with politics on these threads ... it doesn't belong here, and contributes nothing to the enjoyment of the hobby.

Reactions: Stephan
Not ever. This is a forum for the meeting of the minds, but your post invites this response: "my side" is the one based on the demonstrable outcomes of policy. I am not a member of any political party, as I have come to understand the value of thinking for myself and judging outcomes based on measurable data and facts and not on political loyalties. And with that, I'm done with politics on these threads ... it doesn't belong here, and contributes nothing to the enjoyment of the hobby.

Is that YOU Hilllary ?

And with that...I'm done with politics in this thread...I'm mean it! Don't push me....seriously
(But if it makes you feel better, I'm not a Republican or Democrat myself either)
lol......laugh sometimes or it breaks you.

Now then, I'm wondering if I should buy another P3 or wait for the P4 ???
There will probably be a few more versions of the P3 first....I think.

Last edited:
lol ... you are "clever", as we used to say in my teaching career. :) Happy flying.

That's one of the worse things you could tell anyone on this forum.

Your fear of upgrading is well documented.... while I can understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude in some cases... when talking about a cutting edge technology that DJI is working constantly on improving and/or adding features - it seems like you advocating against progress.

I think what the person was saying was read the forums and hear what other people are experiencing before upgrading your device and keep it as up to date as is prudent. What's wrong with that?

I am on the latest firmware on both my P3P's and have had zero issues - I did not like the previous firmware update - so I only updated one of my birds. Now DJI has released a way to go back to a firmware if you don't like a new one.

In any case - I think advising people against upgrading firmware is a bit hyperbolic.

Forgive my perceived negativity, it stems from spending hours in the sky flying this cool, superior machine and then just having to look at it laying in the floor with it's little broken arms and legs and not being able to go anymore. Thought about it last night and I'm going to stay with the P3P once replaced.

That being said......an earlier post stated that Amazon Prime and Visa would replace a faulty unit, maybe a dumb question but does that also cover a Visa debit card? If so I'm going that route.
The P3P is an incredible machine. I've had two crash, real bad, in the last month. It will one day probably work fine once all the bugs are fixed. I'm not a novice by any means either. Sometimes bad things just happen for no reason, sometimes they happen twice. I spoke with a DJI rep today and he advised me that in 10 or so weeks I can probably have my 2 P3P's back. Tomorrow I will find out if Drone-World will do anything on the second unit, which I did purchase crash insurance on from that company. If not, maybe by Christmas, when my 2 should be back to me, the kinks will all be smoothed out and I can sell them to some sucker that really really believes this is the absolute best drone on the market, and buy an Inspire. Not trolling or knocking, just giving the facts.

Have you posted the specifics of your crash(es) anywhere here?
I would like to look at the thread if so and see what happened. You say you are not new to this so I'm wondering how lightning struck you twice?

Well then pick another forum. People have a right to complain. The fact that you said that complaining is all you hear on this forum, should tell someone like yourself that knows everything, that people will always complain. This country is made/built on diversity. Nothing changes without it.
The statement was made that complaining about DJI was not allowed. I made the statement that complaining about DJI is "totally" allowed. Just read the forums to see it! The first statement was false, and was nonsensical.

Diversity?! What does that have to do with anything?! The word was pounded into your head your entire public school education, wasn't it?

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

Reactions: JKDSensei
Well who ever said there are only a few hundred complaints with the P3P is
is not reading forums in the other hemispheres. I would surmise that there are thousands of
complaints with the P3P: vibrations, flyaway and lost, Gimbal overloads, firmware update issues,
app crashes, signal loss, Camera pixilation, Controller - aircraft binding issues, weak tip over
landing gear, and rather lousy Dji customer service , start and stop choppy video, and until
recently....no spare parts. The people stating it an amazing aircraft are partially right ; it is
amazing in concept. However we are at the 3rd generation of the Phantom series and Dji is
still trying to make it a reliable platform. If I were you I would go buy something like the
Dromida Ominus Quad. For $200 bucks you can fly the hell out of it ,crash it 50 times
and it has FPV. You will develop pilot skills and have a lot of fun. Check out the Krosblade
Prowler / Hornet VTO transformer aircraft coming in Feb. 2016. If you just got to have a P3P
I will sell you mine for $1000.00 Original box , 2 sets of the new Dji props, 2 batteries,
4 brand new extra motors, charger, and the controller. Let me know and I'll ship it to you
free in the U.SA.

The statement was made that complaining about DJI was not allowed. I made the statement that complaining about DJI is "totally" allowed. Just read the forums to see it! The first statement was false, and was nonsensical.

Diversity?! What does that have to do with anything?! The word was pounded into your head your entire public school education, wasn't it?

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

THAT was funny! I don't care WHO you are rofl

First person says otherwise is a have not....

Well who ever said there are only a few hundred complaints with the P3P is
is not reading forums in the other hemispheres. I would surmise that there are thousands of
complaints with the P3P: vibrations, flyaway and lost, Gimbal overloads, firmware update issues,
app crashes, signal loss, Camera pixilation, Controller - aircraft binding issues, weak tip over
landing gear, and rather lousy Dji customer service , start and stop choppy video, and until
recently....no spare parts. The people stating it an amazing aircraft are partially right ; it is
amazing in concept. However we are at the 3rd generation of the Phantom series and Dji is
still trying to make it a reliable platform. If I were you I would go buy something like the
Dromida Ominus Quad. For $200 bucks you can fly the hell out of it ,crash it 50 times
and it has FPV. You will develop pilot skills and have a lot of fun. Check out the Krosblade
Prowler / Hornet VTO transformer aircraft coming in Feb. 2016. If you just got to have a P3P
I will sell you mine for $1000.00 Original box , 2 sets of the new Dji props, 2 batteries,
4 brand new extra motors, charger, and the controller. Let me know and I'll ship it to you
free in the U.SA.
This is a deal.

Reactions: evang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31