afraid to connect online

Reaction score
I bought a vision + a couple months ago and heard about bad things with the update 3.08. Because of that I have not connected my vision + to my computer at all. I want to connect but am afraid of bad things happening. What should I do and not do?

IMO, you should certainly connect and upgrade the firmware. Just make darn sure you go through all of the noted steps in re-calibrating when the upgrade is finished.

I was one of those knuckleheads who didn't do EVERYTHING (the wheel) and found I had ruined a good opportunity to film an awesome piece of landscaping because I didn't follow through and calibrate everything correctly. My gimble was erratic and lost it's mind (again, my fault)

Went back and recalbrated everything and it works perfectly now.

Just disconnect your internet if you are worried about it upgrading. Then you can explore the software without it getting bricked.

I always disconnect from the internet before attaching the Phantom. I do not like, nor do I appreciate, DJI shoving updates down our throats without explicit permission. The updater should ASK and NEVER update without express consent. :twisted:

Still in V2.0... Updates? Don't know what your talking about. :)

Dirty Bird said:
I always disconnect from the internet before attaching the Phantom. I do not like, nor do I appreciate, DJI shoving updates down our throats without explicit permission. The updater should ASK and NEVER update without express consent. :twisted:

Amen brutha! Can you calibrate while offline???

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the win driver and assistant software. I went to the assistant software offline. My x1(s1)switch did not respond when I checked the operation of the levers. I tried to calibrate it but no response. Am I supposed to move the switch back and forth through the motions until it registers during the calibration process? Also the IOC is turned off. Is that supposed to be on and if so, how? I did not see a way how to do that.

hi,quick question,ivejust upgraded software online for my vision plus v3 model,is it ready to fly after usual checks or do i need to calibrate the sticks on the computer?

wilk19710 said:
hi,quick question,ivejust upgraded software online for my vision plus v3 model,is it ready to fly after usual checks or do i need to calibrate the sticks on the computer?
I would aspect there is no necessity for that. Only is the fw of the phantom has been updated a recallibration would probably be advisable.

I updated to latest version; no issues. Flies great. Flies long time. Always comes home.

You have to ask yourself one question: if you trusted DJI enough to buy their product, why would you not trust them enough to provide a working update to the software that they wrote in the first place?

I know one thing for sure: DJI certainly fixed the J Hook and TBE problem by issuing an update. My bird flies so much better since that update came around in the middle of 2014.

doug86 said:
You have to ask yourself one question: if you trusted DJI enough to buy their product, why would you not trust them enough to provide a working update to the software that they wrote in the first place?

Because just like for other softwares, updates bring sometimes more problems than they solve, depending on your configuration. Personally, there is no updates since V2.0 that have been beneficial for my P2Z H3-2D. None. So I'm happy to keep it this way!

dteca said:
Also the IOC is turned off. Is that supposed to be on and if so, how? I did not see a way how to do that.

It is not necessarily supposed to be on. By default it is off. But if you don't know anything about IOC, I would suggest learning about it a bit before you turn it on.

christodoulos1 said:
Hi is it necessary to update my phantom 2 vision plus?if i don't update what going to happen? Thnks
If you don't have issues with your bird now, there is no necesity to do any update what so ever. Nothing will chance and nothing will happen due to not updating. [emoji106]

christodoulos1 said:
Hi is it necessary to update my phantom 2 vision plus?if i don't update what going to happen? Thnks
Ok thnks for help...happy new year...
aartsf said:
christodoulos1 said:
If you don't have issues with your bird now, there is no necesity to do any update what so ever. Nothing will chance and nothing will happen due to not updating. [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20