Affordable FPV

Reaction score
Looking to get into some FPV flying. Is there a system that won't break the bank (sub$300). I tried using a system from hobbyking but it was pretty crappy. Is fatshark still the gold standard or are there cheaper better systems. I'm not looking to go long range 1000m tops

Looking to get into some FPV flying. Is there a system that won't break the bank (sub$300). I tried using a system from hobbyking but it was pretty crappy. Is fatshark still the gold standard or are there cheaper better systems. I'm not looking to go long range 1000m tops

There are three major manufactures of 5.8GHz FPV systems. They are Boscam, Immersion and Flysight. I make it a habit of not recommending one brand over another as some are always quick to say theirs is better. Look around on amazon, ebay and other dealers for the best price on equipment.

What you will need is a 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable (for those two items) and a diversity monitor/receiver. Then you'll want to replace the stock antennas that came with those units once you get everything up and running.

Thanks I have the boscam which I purchased from hobbyking with the circular attenas. It's the digital version. I can change the channels through a display on the vtx/vrx. I also got an miniOSD which is customized through software. I'm using a cheapo DYI goggle set. The video quality is horrible. I need to maybe put the vtx on a separate battery. Right now it's feeding the vtx from the main battery's balance plug. Video is very choppy.

Curious why you didnt include Fatshark? I brought this technology to the consumer market didn't they?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1