Aeroxcraft Brushless Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi

I just got my Aeroxcraft brushless gimbal. the wiring instructions are poor and the mounting instructions are non-existent. does anyone have a link to a decent tutorial on wiring and mounting this product? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Can't wait to get flying again.

cheers
Greg Sherris
Manitoba Phantom Pilot

You'll need to open the phantom shell to access the Phantom power supply wire and the NAZA to plug the tilt control into. Both easy. The wire is easy to find in many YouTube videos. Get a 2mm hex screwdriver from a hobby shop to open the shell. I drilled a small hole to,feed the wires out to the gimbal control board and put an inline switch in the power wire to switch the gimbal on and off manually. The aeroxcraft is delicate and turning the GOpro on and off when it's powered up is hard on the motors. I don't bother with the front plate holding the gopro in the gimbal. The silicone bumpers that hold the camera are so snug that I don't need the front plate or its finicky install. The order is..tx on, power up phantom with battery, then turn the gopro on, then turn gopro video on, then turn gimbal power switch on, be patient for a minute while it settles and sets itself. Make sure there is no breeze knocking the Phantom around or the aero gimbal will twitch and not stabilize. It's a surprisingly tough little gimbal, I've crashed it, dumped it in the ocean, run it under fresh water, dried it out and it keeps on going. Great unit. I recommend not bothering buying the little lever that jams in the back of the tx to control tilt but to pop out the potentiometer and wire a pot onto,the front of your tx instead. There is a good YouTube video on this . I'm no electro geek but I managed to solder it together and it works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 519
Roadkill- Does you AeroXcraft gimbal power supply lead plug directly into the circuit board as shown on the online instructions? Or is there a lead already soldered into the board ending with a jst socket? Mine has the socket so I guess I could just plug this lead together after powering everything else up? Though I guess plugging and unplugging would make it loose in time!

Greg- Have you checked out http://www.aeroxcraft.com/content/downl ... l_v1.1.pdf
Siince that was uploaded they have changed things a bit but overall it tells you what you need to do- on top of Roadkills excellent advice.

Just need to get a replacement tx after shorting out my old one after attempting to fit that fiddly and rather rubbish tilt lever! Did order a new one with the lever pot on the front- but its gone missing in the post! DOH!

Exactly right about the little plug that connects to the circuit board. It's fiddly plugging and unplugging it and also the risk of reversing it and frying your board.

That push in lever on the back was crap. I got two from ebay, first broke off in the hole so I had to take the tx apart anyway to push the jammed part out, then the second one squished the pot down so much it wouldn't turn! It's a wee bit scary pulling the pot off the circuit board but it does come like a loose tooth eventually. It will break apart, not a big deal. Carefully solder on three wires to the exposed pins and the hard part is done (get a friend to do it if you aren't handy with solder) buy a 5k linear potentiometer from any electronics store, they are common and cheap, a little knob for it and put through a hole on the front of the tx. Cinch. There is a nice YouTube video of this exact thing. Just remember to rotate the tilt s-l-o-w-l--y as the gimbal freaks out and does the jitters if you turn fast. It's really great and makes the gimbal far better, gets the props out of the shots and gets super downward shots with less distortion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31