AeroSim RC silly problem

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone out there using or having used this ?

At the moment I am using the standard Phantom White controller, but want to upgrade to the Devo 10 because it has a buddy ability

I ask because where I am there are not too many opportunities to actually get the Phantom in the air. Therefore I thought I could get some practice in using the AerSim RC software. This would especially apply to the coming winter.
So I bought the Devo 10 transmitter and the AeroSim together so I could get to know both before actually doing the upgrade. I then set it all up. and all seemed to go well until I actually started flying the thing in my computer.

My problem is that I always and only fly the Phantom in GPS mode. Being a Phantom learner I am not going into ATTI mode in either the near or far future. But the AeroSim seems not to have any way to do this. The HELP files have NO suggestions.

IS THERE A WAY OR AM I TOTALLY SCREWED AND WASTED THE MONEY???

Regards from a frustrated flyer.

POTO.

I think you've just simply caused your own frustrations. The Phantom is really, really, really easy to fly. Just watch the DJI videos that Collin posted a few times over and you'll be flying in no time. Just make sure you pick a open grassy field. You'll be okay. This is one bad **s quadcopter, it's so easy to fly that even a caveman can do it. Good Luck!!!

I dont think any sim will be doing gps flight and as fangs said in this mode it is quite easy to fly assuming you dont have any obstacles to hit. Your main issue will be oicking the crafts orientation and you want to stay at a distance you can confortably tell front to back.

A sim may help you get some practice in full manual mode and learning this is a good thing, even getting into atti mode as soon as possible so that you can fly it without having to rely on gps 100%.

I am going to buy a little toy quad with no autopilot at all to get more comfortable in manual mode rather then risk my phantom too much in that mode early on. Learning to fly without autopilot will make you a much better pilot in the easier modes and if your sticking to just gps and atti modes take the phantom out on a calm day to an open field and get comfortable with it. Buy a few spare batteries as this will give you much more fl8ght time per session letting you learn faster. Build your skills slowly and once you get comfortable in one mode try the others the others though maybe not manual too soon. You want to be fully familiar with everything before venturing into riskier flying but start with the basics on nice days and you should be ok.

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the advice. I find now that flying the Sim in NO WIND conditions is almost like GPS. So I am going along with that.

POTO

The main difference between gps mode and atti mode is once you release the sticks in gps mode it will stop and hover. Using atti mode it will continue on in the direction you were flying it, also in wind gps mode will fight the wind for you and so keep heading towards the direction you are flying even in a crosswind. In atti mode flying straight ahead with wind off your left will drift the phantom to the right but gps mode will continue on a straight course relative to nose direction fighting the wind by pitching the quad into the wind for you.

Most likely your sim will be closer to atti mode then gps mode and best way to find out is head forward and then center the sticks and see if it stops or continues on the path it was traveling. Full manual mode is a little different again as atti mode will level the craft when you let go of the sticks and also will limit the pitch angle. In manual mode it will hold whatever pitch angle you set and will allow it to flip on any axis with no pitch limits. In manual you need to level the quad manually unlike atti that works like a gyro to automatically level the quad. Gps mode will not allow too high a pitch angle but it will also automatically pitch the quad into the wind so it stays in one place.

If your sim is only full manual or atti type mode this is not a bad way to learn as it will make the simpler modes very easy for you in real flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan