Aerobo Micro Drone to Take Off at SXSW | TvTechnology

Interesting article in TV Technology magazine

Good post on that info RoyB..........this has 2 mini parachutes onboard...wow! Would like to see that in action.

Good post on that info RoyB..........this has 2 mini parachutes onboard...wow! Would like to see that in action.

A drop test of the parachutes is in this vid... not sure if the "mini" and "micro" are essentially the same -

A drop test of the parachutes is in this vid... not sure if the "mini" and "micro" are essentially the same -

Thanks for the vid Tron - well the dual parachute "drop test" worked ok - now lets see that on a drone (preferably a Phantom --- lol).

i had thought a reverse pop parachute would be a cool option. sorta like the Estes rockets that most of us grew up with.

i had thought a reverse pop parachute would be a cool option. sorta like the Estes rockets that most of us grew up with.

LOL - as the song says ......."Memories"..........Estes still alive n kickin!

Never thought of that but its a great idea, I would agree for certain and doesn't seem unattainable. Wonder what diameter of chute would be required for 2.5lbs of weight falling that fast?

eagle,
i just had to look at the estes site.
a full bad *** rocket would be about 2" diameter, 59" long, weigh about 13 oz and wait, altitude of 2,600' with booster engine.
parachute is 24" diameter.

who's complaining about a 400' flight ceiling?

who's complaining about a 400' flight ceiling?

Thought the same thing myself the other day davis, looking at their site after you had jogged my memory on them 1,000 - 1,500ft altitude is pretty common with those.

There have been plenty of "near misses" (or so called) with model rockets - but not anywhere near the negative media coverage as has been with "drones".

They are not regulated by the FAA either inasmuch as having to register - they are supposed to notify the FAA however prior to launchings.

Now we just have to build a parachute deployment unit for the quad!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl