AerialFreaks FC40 Gimbal Settings???

Reaction score
Just installed the AerialFreaks gimbal for the FC40 Cam and was messing around with SimpleBGC settings and mistakenly hit Use default settings and now Gimbal just shakes. I thought hitting that would put settings back to what they were when they sent it to me. And yes I'm a total noob with the gimbal settings. Any help is much appreciated.

Try an IMU calibration in NazaAssist...

Got in touch with HeliDirect and they emailed me the settings profile to upload to the gimbal. Works again. If anyone is in need of it just let me know.

Red One,

First I have heard of this gimbal. How is it working for you? Do you think it is worth the money??

@galencg10 First time flying with it this morning, but so far it works pretty great but not perfect...yet! When the camera is facing me and I roll to the left the camera doesn't have enough room so it hits the mounting plate or anti-jello balls. Which causes the gimbal to vibrate because there's not enough room. BUT the video is WAY better! Worth the $250......Depends on what type of video quality you desire? Would you rather spend $300-$400 on a GoPro and a $150-300 on a gimbal, or $250 on this gimbal to use with your FC40 cam or spend an extra $80 on a Mobius camera? I bought a GoPro Hero3+ Silver and returned it the next day because I personally couldn't justify the $300 for the quality I seen. Also, I don't go all over the place flying my phantom and recording a lot. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase. If you decide to buy I would get it from HeliDirect, great customer service for me when I messed up my settings. They sent me the correct settings profile to upload and I DIDN'T even buy it from them. I bought it off of Ebay from gonitrohobbies and still haven't heard back from them on a solution to my settings problem.

@pert It's great! Thanks to you I bought this bad boy and now I'm buying a mobius camera also. Thanks for making spend money! LOL. Thanks also for helping me out with what I would need before the gimbal arrived! I guess now it's just you & I that have this gimbal. LOL.

pert said:
ill help you spend more LOL. get some 4000mah batts and a set of 9450 props. :lol:

LOL. I already have one of those batteries. Two more are on their way! Just need some of those props.

if you get the Mobius get the cables that go with it, you may want to use for fpv one day. you never know you might want to try one of those 250 speed quads. got a blackout on the way, looks like a lot of fun,

yes the Mobius will work with this gimbal, one small mod. your going to need to get a small piece of CF, the small piece that comes with it, could be used, drill a hole in it so the screw that holds the Mobius will go through it. your going to mount the Mobius on the back tray. I used some LYNX tape that's used to mount FBL units. i.e. anti vibe tape. on bottom of Mobius, mounting tray the CF piece goes on the bottom screw into Mobius mount. hope this makes sence

These are @pert photos of how he mounted his mobius cam to the gimbal.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.JPG
    IMG_2868.JPG
    569.1 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_2866.JPG
    IMG_2866.JPG
    734.9 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    675.9 KB · Views: 390
the bolt that's holding the Mobius is a tarot bolt $5 from HD the one that comes with the Mobius was to long. this one is to, that's why I used the tape. plus it gives it something to grab . it don't sit flat when not powered up , that's why the string is there. for when im not using the gimbal. I put a switch inline.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues