Aerial work without the license

Reaction score
Hi. First of all i apologies for my english as its not my first langauge.

I'm planning to "test the water" before i'll decide to get CAA License.
Would this sort or work be illegal :

★★★ Looking for an orginal gift idea ? Float Mounted Aerial Picture of your property, event etc. Your image is printed on Fuji Crystal Archive photographic paper, the print is then heat sealed with a satin protective laminate then mounted onto a 5mm solid PVC board in black. A subframe and hanging device is then added to the back of the mounted print. When hung float mounted prints give the appearance of the mount floating 1 inch from the wall.
My work which involves aerial photography and post production is FREE. The only cost you need to cover is print out and material which is done by 3rd party company ★★★

Thank you.

That's definitely "Commercial" work.

Reactions: Nickster
If your aerial photographs are used for a project which results in someone paying for the final package, it would definitely count as commercial activity, and that means that you would need to get your PFAW from the CAA in order to remain legal.

Reactions: Falcon900
If your aerial photographs are used for a project which results in someone paying for the final package, it would definitely count as commercial activity, and that means that you would need to get your PFAW from the CAA in order to remain legal.
What if the person pays the money to 3rd party company for print out and the material (e.g. frame, PVC board etc) ? I cannot understand the logic around it. My aerial work would be free of charge.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

What if the person pays the money to 3rd party company for print out and the material (e.g. frame, PVC board etc) ? I cannot understand the logic around it. My aerial work would be free of charge.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

You should take this up with legal representation but . . . at least here in the good ole US of A (And I assume it's similar there) of the flight wasn't performed as a hobby flight (meaning no intention of the media being used for anything) it falls under commercial. It doesn't matter WHO gets paid (in many case no one is paid) but the intent of the flight.

Regardless what any of us "internet experts" think your area might be different and you'd be well advised to seek experienced legal counsel before delving into this area.

Reactions: Falcon900
If you gave the images without compensation to the property owner. Then it's a hobby.
If they take the images to a printer and make posters. It's still a hobby. (unless the printer is you)

If you are receiving compensation in any way... besides a thank you card. It's commercial and you need a license.

Reactions: Cornelito

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik