Aerial Photography/videography Training

Reaction score
I am a new Phantom 3 owner. Does anyone know of a training that teaches you control movements to get the best possible videos?

I am in the same boat and have bought a simulator. many crashes on the computer for no cost and it does help you gain some skills. Will keep practicing this way until I get delivery of the bird.

Slow and gentle. That pretty much covers it! The biggest mistake made is jerking the controls. Learn to make the slightest of movement, in each control quadrant. Master that and you are golden!

You should do some reading about expo settings and gains. It's possible to slow the yaw a bit (important) by having it less responsive to small stick movements. Youtube vids cover this quite well.

Is it worth getting Dji shoulder strap... Anyone have any experience with it?

I fly my inspire with the dji shoulder strap, works great for me & it ain't mega bucks from DJI.;)

Takes all the weight of the controller/iPad/sun screen so let's you concentrate more on the controls;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I fly my inspire with the dji shoulder strap, works great for me & it ain't mega bucks from DJI.;)

Takes all the weight of the controller/iPad/sun screen so let's you concentrate more on the controls;)
So does a $2 lanyard available from almost any corner store

Last edited:
Haven't tried theirs but got this one and is nice .Takes the weight off your neck .
It has a snap to keep your TX from falling off .
harness.jpg
Is for an Inspire but works with my P2V TX fine .
Not as easy as just using a neck strap but holds it without any weight on my neck .

Reactions: Clampit
Not seen that one before dirk, may look into it, thanks for sharing buddy;)

My DJI harness is great, spreads the weight across both shoulders not just round you neck;)

I am in the same boat and have bought a simulator. many crashes on the computer for no cost and it does help you gain some skills. Will keep practicing this way until I get delivery of the bird.
Excellent approach. I put in a lot of hours on the Phoenix RC simulator before my P3P arrived. It help me considerably. I still use it when I can't fly.

Not seen that one before dirk, may look into it, thanks for sharing buddy;)

My DJI harness is great, spreads the weight across both shoulders not just round you neck;)
Got it from same place as the knobs on my TX .That one works the same way as yours and supports the TX
solid . Is just what you prefer to use .

Excellent approach. I put in a lot of hours on the Phoenix RC simulator before my P3P arrived. It help me considerably. I still use it when I can't fly.

Couldn't agree more with that;)

Got it from same place as the knobs on my TX .That one works the same way as yours and supports the TX
solid . Is just what you prefer to use .

Yep personal preference but you wonna make it as comfortable as possible, you may be flying 3/4 batteries worth, that's quite some time with something that's not comfortable;)

Ive been flying for 20+ years with a Tx hanging from my neck. I guess its just time, but I dont even notice it. Good point though.

Just got toooo take into account the extra weight like an iPad/sunscreen etc... Didn't have them 20+ years ago:p:p:p;)

When I 1st took mine I1 out I was just using an iPhone 6, no problem but when I upgraded to the iPad the weight differance with the RC was uncomfortable so I had to use the DJI baby harness:D

No probs now though;)

Just got toooo take into account the extra weight like an iPad/sunscreen etc... Didn't have them 20+ years ago:p:p:p;)

When I 1st took mine I1 out I was just using an iPhone 6, no problem but when I upgraded to the iPad the weight differance with the RC was uncomfortable so I had to use the DJI baby harness:D

No probs now though;)
No, but we had monster transmitters that ran on huge overweight batteries!

No, but we had monster transmitters that ran on huge overweight batteries!
I bet your FPV screens like this:D
image.jpg

Bet your built like a brick poo house then:p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik