Aerial Panorama app on iOS

Reaction score
Hi all,

We released an automatic Panorama app for Phantom 2 V+ on the app store.

Basically we wanted to simplify the process of producing panoramas and you can now do it in 3 steps
1. Fly the Phantom to where you want to shoot the panorama.
2. Press the start button to automatically shoot the panorama.
3. The app will automatically download and generate the panorama.

The stitching is done within the app itself and no internet connection is required.

Sample images:
screen640x640.jpeg

screen640x640.jpeg

1.jpg

Can download it here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/phantompano/id993135237
or read about it here: http://apps.avetics.com/

P3 version is on its way once we solve some API issues.

Definitely would like to hear the community feedback as this is our first app.

Nice app... I will try too!. Many thanks.

Yeah, I just downloaded this app and unfortunately I just get stuck at endlessly "Connecting..." screen. I have used AutoPilot app and I use DJI Vision so I know it connects fine. I even deleted the DJI Vision app because I thought maybe it was interfering. Has anybody had any luck with this app?

I'm watching this one. As soon as I hear back from the guys that have already bought it, I'll sure buy too!

Nowadays, I need to take about 5-6 RAW pictures, then export to Photoshop and do the color correction, remove the props mark on each one of them, then export again and proccess everything with Photomerge. The result is good, but there is a lot of work to do.

panorama.jpg

botafogo capa.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jmmanzano
Yeah, I just downloaded this app and unfortunately I just get stuck at endlessly "Connecting..." screen. I have used AutoPilot app and I use DJI Vision so I know it connects fine. I even deleted the DJI Vision app because I thought maybe it was interfering. Has anybody had any luck with this app?

Did you connect to the vision plus via Wifi first before opening the app? What iPhone hardware are you on?

Did you connect to the vision plus via Wifi first before opening the app? What iPhone hardware are you on?

I tried a few different options. I tried connecting first to the Vision App then going to PhantomPano (no luck). Tried deleting Vision App (thinking of possible interuption?) and then connecting to PhantomPano (no luck) then restarted my phone/phantom/remote/wifi-repeater (restarted it after I deleted the Vision App). No luck.
I'm using iPhone 6 8.1.2

App for spherical pans...these are mainly cylindrical which have limited usefulness. Is this on the drawing board for P3?

Hi,

We temporary took it down to fix the problem. It is up again. On first download, DJI requires the app to be connected to the internet to activate a token. Therefore, do not connect to the drone straight away but first boot the app up once on 4G/3G connection, close the app, connect wifi to P2 and then boot the app up again. It should work now. Connecting to 4G/3G only needs to be done once.

In about a month or so? P3 APIs are a little different from P2 so it might not be as easy to use as the P2 version, we are still thinking of a way around it.

Hi,

We temporary took it down to fix the problem. It is up again. On first download, DJI requires the app to be connected to the internet to activate a token. Therefore, do not connect to the drone straight away but first boot the app up once on 4G/3G connection, close the app, connect wifi to P2 and then boot the app up again. It should work now. Connecting to 4G/3G only needs to be done once.

Awesome. So I just deleted it and re-downloaded it again. So I'm just going to open it up once without connecting to my UAV. Then close it and then turn on the remote control/uav/wifi and just use it normally? It's raining at the moment so I'm unable to test it out but I'm super pumped to try this app! It looks like an amazing idea since I'm way too lazy for photoshop stitching photos together!

So everyone who is following this page, I redownloaded this app and it works! Followed the instructions & the app started perfectly! The pano turned out extremely well, not perfect I will admit but I am 100% happy with the results! Shout out to the avetics development team for the excellent customer service! Would recommend this app to every Phantom Pilot! Here is a sample picture taken outside my house in Vancouver, Canada.
IMG_1708_yueomr.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20