Aerial image stitching - any good software suggestions

Reaction score
I've finally found a great tool for route planning with "maps made easy". It works great for planning and autonomously flying the route. Does anyone have a good tool for stitching the photos? I've been messing around with ICE and it "wants to work" but it never stitches the entire area? I lose part of the image? For reference, the photos are taken at 90 degrees (straight down) flying about 350 feet, figuring about 60% overlap? Maps Made Easy will process the maps, and plan to do that with my NDVI images, but looking for something local for general color photos? Thoughts? Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong with ICE?

I use AutoPano Giga 3.0.

Here is a sample of the results.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out... I did figure out my problem with ICE. I'll try to figure out how to post an image of my settings. Once I figured it out, it worked great!

The "angular range" needs to be set to "less than 360"... Once I did that, all was good. Gonna check out autopano though!

AutoPano Giga is awesome, I'm not surprised to hear they got bought out by GoPro. My favorite method is to use Adobe Lightroom's panorama stitching as a way of previewing the panorama, and then if I like the initial results I will use the Photomerge option in Photoshop, followed by the Adaptive Wide Angle filter. My panoramas are usually a grid of images and when I feed this into Photomerge the result is extremely distorted, but the adaptive wide angle filter is downright magical if used "correctly". Here is the Russell Preston Brown tutorial that led me toward this workflow:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why not just use the Maps Made Easy online stitching service? I tried it out for the first time today, and got beautiful results in a couple of hours. 1" pixel orthophoto, georeferenced.

I use Lightroom seems to be quite easy, use the grid method with taking a lot of photos
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447719606.640549.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen