Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

UPDATE: I visited with my guy over at Helidirect just a few mins ago. He had not heard from the in house guy on the testing yet. So he is going to try and get ahold of him and see what he found out. I did ask him in the case that if he wasnt able to test it this weekend if he could just send me a gimbal and allow for me to test it and do the review. He was going to ask if that was a possible action with them or not. I told him there were a few people waiting on the results and he could have the potential buyers very soon if everything checks out good. He is suppose to be calling me back soon.

Ok so he called back and said that they did not have time to do the checks and test on the Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal. Buuuttttt, they are allowing it to ship to me for the testing and results!! :shock: :D He said it will ship today and i should receive it tomorrow. He also said they are still not doing any other shipments until I call him back in the next few days and give him an update on how well it performs or performed, or if there is issues with it. I can only say good things about helidirect with the help and prompt service i have received from them. I give them props "no pun intended" on them wanting to only ship quality parts and equipment.

So hopefully in the next few days and after my review, you guys will be able to order through them. He did say he only has about 27 in stock at the moment.

Good. Looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck

Anyone know if AerialFreaks fixed their website so this can be ordered directly from them? Although I'm not sure I want to since their pre-sale support has been crap. I hope this isn't an indication of what the post-sale support is going to be like.

I'd go for helidirect. They seem communicative.

Edit: I recieved an email from AerialFreaks answering my question on 3D gimbal. They said yes they plan it but not now.

Just wanted to give an update, I have received the Cyclops Vision Gimbal today for testing. So far things look good and ill try to get videos posted as soon as i can. Right now the only problem im having is bouncing. In bouncing i mean the Phantom is bouncing up and down really fast like its try to compensate for the weight or the gimbal needs more adjusting. Im trying to adjust gains at the moment to see if that helps. Stay tuned :p

EDIT: Its just the gimbal bouncing. I put the stock dampners between the control board and the phantom body and it quit.. but there is still jello or small vibration in the gimbal.

Macuser13 what is your pid and power settings for the gimbal? Did you change phantom gimbal gainsetting to zero in assistant??

Piranha said:
Macuser13 what is your pid and power settings for the gimbal? Did you change phantom gimbal gainsetting to zero in assistant??

Im working on getting the software and drivers loaded for the Gimbal now to see whats gong on inside, and yes i did change the gains to zero.

Its almost like the gimbal is a little front heavy maybe and bounces on the dampners. Like i said it solved alot of the bounce by putting two of the stock white dampners in the back above the board.

No need to put earplugs because Cyclops use not original dampeners! About bouncing, you could move gimbal little bit back in the slots of upper cf plate

The stock settings from the factory.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 473
Yes, it is the latest one! For the 2.4 firmware "I" seems too high, can you try decrease for both axis i=0.01?

Piranha said:
Yes, it is the latest one! For the 2.4 firmware "I" seems too high, can you try decrease for both axis i=0.01?

Ok i will try that when i get back home. I went through 1 battery doing the flight checks so im letting both charge up so i can continue the testing. Im working on getting videos uploaded right now, Un-boxing and the current flight.

It seems like it will be pretty stable if i can just get the gimbal vibration out. It really noticeable from where im standing and on the vision app, as you will be able to see once i get the videos ready.

Here is the video of the first flight. Still has alot of vibration. Im working on PID setting but have tried a few and still no luck.
I think it has to do with the whole gimbal it self vibrating as i can see it from the ground. Im going out after this post and trying with the white stock dampners.

Any other suggestions?

http://youtu.be/5i7BDHG-Y18

Ok so the white stock dampners made it about 3x worse. Ill revertback and try some other things.

Also Aerial Freaks finally posted there video on the gimbal too.. you can still see some vibrations in there videos also. but not nearly as bad as mine..
http://youtu.be/SEv7J7_rkts

Things still left to check:

Blade in-balance.
tweaking more settings.
Trying some different dampning methods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.