Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Hi guys, I've got some info on the Cyclops weight- it is 201g with all wires, connectors, controller, sensor and rubber dampeners but without camera itself and without lens filter mount ;)

201g's huh.. That's not to bad, kinda right in the middle between all the other gimbals.. I really hope someone here's back from them soon. I have also sent a email and request and still nothing back.. Time will tell

I was hoping it will be less than 200g but still lighter than rotorpixel by 60g. I wonder whats happening with their communication.

I tried ordering but got a parsing error when checking out. Tried both in Chrome and IE. Sent them an email but from the sounds of it they don't have great communications.

They told me that they have some temporary issue with web service, but they answer emails

Bingo, I receive an email answer on one of my email. They confirmed the weight 201g and maybe they provide video of working one. Lets see what is it.

They use alexmos original boards and software so should not be any problem, also they change weak white dji original dampeners (causing a lot of problems with aftermarket gimbals) to some other black ones

The gimbal has also camera extension cable, so you wont find out at home that the camera cable is short as we seen with chinese ones. Alexmos controller gives certain reliability. So far i like it. I'll wait somebody test it coz shipping to Europe will take some time anyway.

I also recieved my email back on the weight too.. but i also asked some other questions, and they didn't get answered. But its nice to see Helidirect has some in stock now.

So who all is going to order one? I think i will here in the next few hours. I seem very pleased with everything that i have seen and what you guys are saying about it too. Guess i just need to order, get it here, and shoot some videos so everyone can see how well this thing will perform.

Order Placed with Helidirect. I selected for overnight delivery, and i called and he said that they would get my order processed as soon as he saw it come in. So i am hoping to see it tomorrow morning sometime. I will let you guys know the details when it comes in. Really hoping that this one is legit and proofs to be very sturdy.

Good. All curious about it. Helidirect is communicative I think there wont be any problem. Goodluck (i dont mean the chinese goodluck :)

After 4 days I got an email back from Aerial Freaks

"Hi

We do not have it on time for you. We will have early next week

Af"

One of the questions asked was could it be here by Friday (today) LoL

I will have to wait and see some video and reviews before I spend any money on it. Right now this is the front running Gimbal for me.

I havent seen anyone else that has ordered one yet So if you guys want and since its so new..i can do possibly an un-boxing video and of-course the flight videos. Maybe even setup once i get everything figured out with it. Seems like it will be pretty straight forward tho. Ill keep you guys posted.

macuser13 said:
I havent seen anyone else that has ordered one yet So if you guys want and since its so new..i can do possibly an un-boxing video and of-course the flight videos. Maybe even setup once i get everything figured out with it. Seems like it will be pretty straight forward tho. Ill keep you guys posted.
That would be great, so if this is a winner we will all jump on it.

Well got an email from helidirect :(

Thank you for your recent order! In regards to your below order for the new Aerial Freaks "Cyclops", I am truly sorry, as these units were mistakenly activated and are not ready to ship as of yet. We are going over some QC checks with these units before they leave our facility to verify everything is as described, and should have these units ready to ship by early next week.

So I called and he said since they so new they have a employee that has a phantom and wants to do some test this weekend and make sure that they are good and work well before they sell them to customers. Also he said as soon as the results come back he would contact me, most likely Monday, and let me know. He also said I'll be the first to receive the gimbal and will ship it as soon as he has the go.

So I guess we will wait a few more days and I'll let you Guys know how the testing came out with them

macuser13 said:
they have a employee that has a phantom and wants to do some test this weekend and make sure that they are good and work well before they sell them to customers.

Cool! Can you ask them to post a link of the video they made in the test phase? Preferably in HD with some fast forward flight?

I went to Heli World's site and they no longer list the Cyclops gimbal. I did though find that this site, RC Depot in California has them in stock. I called and talked to them. They don't know much about the gimbal as they just got them in 3 days ago and have not sold any yet. They have them priced at $299.00. Here is their web site. https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/Cyclops_ ... af-cvg.htm
I think I might wait till Heli World posts their review next week to see if it's all what Aerialfreaks says it is but, for the money, might just drop the hammer and order now... Waiting till after dinner to ponder...

Barry

Yeah I had saw that too but their availability was pre-order. So made me Leary. If everyone can wait a few days and if helidirect gets their quality checks done by Monday I should have one by Tuesday. I have already ordered it and just waiting for them to release it. I can post videos and such as soon as I get it. I'm just as anxious as everyone else :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic