Aerial footage used on the Today Show

Reaction score
Check out this aerial footage used on a national broadcast, starting at about 0:37 in the segment. Think this was shot with sUAS like a Phantom? I know that it was. ;) For those following current NorCal news, the winery featured here is very close to the Sand Ridge fire currently burning 4,000 acres. Hopefully this property is safe.

5 wine destinations off the beaten path

Here's a twitter feed regarding Sand Fire:

@IncidentFeed: Air command may be ceasing all Aircraft support for the #SandFire due to someone flying a drone in the area. Corrected from previous tweet

@Seawell - Is that legit? Yikes! There's another member on this board that has been filming that fire, I hope it isn't him that's interfering with the air support.

The referenced footage from the Today Show was shot a while back - the segment I posted was broadcast July 25.

Yes, check out #SandFire. It fed 2 hours ago. I don't know how to provide a link but a name was mentioned as well as a "bird strike." Hope it wasn't a Phantom bird. I'll go back and look for the name but not sure I should post it here now.

Thanks for the info. I cross-posted it in the thread from the PV2+ forum where a user posted video of the actual fire. This thread was meant to be about the aerial footage of Andis Winery from the Today Show, not the current fire. Any chance you can edit out that huge copy/paste from the yubanet website?

Thanks for the edit, OI Photography.

Now that this thread is back on track - anyone have any comments on the footage used? Nice to see sUAS imagery used in a nationally broadcast segment on a well know news show.

Tripnman said:
Thanks for the edit, OI Photography.

Now that this thread is back on track - anyone have any comments on the footage used? Nice to see sUAS imagery used in a nationally broadcast segment on a well know news show.

dont know what to really comment about.
I mean... it's a winery. I go to Wine Country over in Long Island every year and its really up to the owners. I tend to ask whoever is at the bar if they mind and they normally dont. It's pretty cool since it's such a wide open area to fly and usually beautiful scenery

Agreed that the subject matter is not all that unique - our area is covered with wineries too - but I thought it cool that this lucky operator got their footage on a national broadcast that didn't end as an "evil drone" story.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20