Aerial flight from my back yard, across a canyon, and around an actve landslide....

Reaction score
Well, as expected the storms did no favors for the church I see every day out my windows -- now their entire lower parking lot is fenced off now, and lots more of the hillside has fallen away beneath the asphalt. You can see cracks in the parking lot, as well, indicating a lack of stability even several meters back from the edge of the slide. Somehow, I doubt the church would have ever received its variance from the City Council allowing them to build on this site with only about 1/4 of the originally planned parking area.

The video was taken this afternoon, Feb 15, 2017 using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro - and the video is available in 4K UHD resolution, so please open it up on the full YouTube.com site (rather than an embedded video) and go "full screen" to see everything at the highest quality.

Wow! Crazy landslide! I love the SF Bay area, beautiful!

Here's another video, taken from inside the canyon, showing a much closer view of the landslide edges, face, and surrounding area.....

and another version at full 4k resolution, different background music, and no titles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4