Advice Please

Reaction score
Hi
I am totally new to Drones and as such purchased a Phantom 2 - (without a camera) - I wanted to see if I would enjoy it - Yeah I really love it and as such would like to get a camera to fit my drone - hence the advice

Please can anyone guide me on what I need - The right Gimbal - The right Wi - fi extender etc - can a Phantom 3 camera and gimbal fit a Phantom 2 ?

Or should I sell the Phantom and buy one already complete - If so which one - I obviously have a budget (Around £650) Lastly I paid £250 for the Phantom 2 - would I get a similar return if selling on the second hand market ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Pete

Hi
I am totally new to Drones and as such purchased a Phantom 2 - (without a camera) - I wanted to see if I would enjoy it - Yeah I really love it and as such would like to get a camera to fit my drone - hence the advice

Please can anyone guide me on what I need - The right Gimbal - The right Wi - fi extender etc - can a Phantom 3 camera and gimbal fit a Phantom 2 ?

Or should I sell the Phantom and buy one already complete - If so which one - I obviously have a budget (Around £650) Lastly I paid £250 for the Phantom 2 - would I get a similar return if selling on the second hand market ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

If the P2 you purchased came with a gimbal do not install it until you have a camera for it. Right now since the GoPro Hero 5's are out you can pickup a used Hero 4 black online cheap as some people always have to have the newest thing available.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelS
Any advice - what gimbal ? What additions do I need - holders ? Extenders ? Camera that can be controlled ?

Sorry one other question - I live in the uk and going on holiday to Australia for 5 weeks - can I take my drone on a flight - long haul and short hall flights in Australia ?

Any advice - what gimbal ? What additions do I need - holders ? Extenders ? Camera that can be controlled ?

I prefer the Zenmuse gimbal and gopro camera. The zenmuse cost more but was designed around the gopro camera. Of course there are cheaper gimbals and cameras but you get what you pay for as the quality isn't as good. Then there's the FPV system to see what the camera sees which would more then likely kill your budget.

Sorry one other question - I live in the uk and going on holiday to Australia for 5 weeks - can I take my drone on a flight - long haul and short hall flights in Australia ?

Of course you could take it with you but without a gimbal an camera you wouldn't have a record of your flights. if you decide to take it with you better check what restrictions the airline has on the lipo batteries before you leave.

Do the maths. If you don't own a gopro and the P2 didn't come with a H3/H4 gimbal then you should consider your options. The GoPro and Zenmuse gimbals aren't that cheap and I believe the zenmuse gimbals will be hard to come by very soon.
Please consider that the Mavic has just wetted everyone's pants and therefor an influx of unwanted P3's and P4's on the market for cheap.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1