Advice please

If you have to work hard to save 1400 dollars this is not the toy for you. just my 2 cents

No in the UK we're being screwed. it translates to about $1,850 for us. Rip off as usual. OP, flip over to Dublin on a Ryanair flight for about £3 and buy one in €. You'll save about £100.

I think affordability is relative to the product, I own a house that I cant afford to buy outright but pay for via a mortgage, I had a yacht until recently which was £43000 which I couldn't warrant keeping due to lack of use. £1000 for a quadcopter isn't high on my list of priorities and is just a hobbie/ toy to keep me entertained so I saved a little here and there and now have enough to buy it.
Could I afford to loose it - well it wouldn't make me homeless and I could still enjoy a glass of wine with dinner but I would be really really pissed off!

Based on your self report you may want to stick to disposable toys. The AR Parrot can be had for less than a couple hundred £. But if you are looking for a great video platform you gotta take a risk on losing it all. Can't beat the laws of gravity.

Thanks woobisah
I had decided on the advanced but now I am back to square one!
Oh why is life so tuff?????

I've been shooting mainly 1080p videos, but for arial, 4K is useful. Somebody writes 4K is more precise even after down converted to 1080p (on the thread bbfpv refers above?), and for post processing, sometimes I use anti-gello/anti-vibration/trimming for some reason. If taken in 1080p, these effects decrease resolution. 4K is enough for 1080p. And, I'm now crazy for 4K video - only the problem is, I don't have 4K display. :)

Thanks woobisah
I had decided on the advanced but now I am back to square one!
Oh why is life so tuff?????

One more thing, the SDK released seems to be only for the Professional and not the Advanced, so if you want to run another app i.e. Litchi (Follow Me, POI, ...) then you should go with the Professional.

It's like buying a Big Screen TV and saying "55 inch is good enough" and then you get home and a month down the road you tell yourself "Why didn't I get the 65" for a couple hundred more?" :)

I've been shooting mainly 1080p videos, but for arial, 4K is useful. Somebody writes 4K is more precise even after down converted to 1080p (on the thread bbfpv refers above?), and for post processing, sometimes I use anti-gello/anti-vibration/trimming for some reason. If taken in 1080p, these effects decrease resolution. 4K is enough for 1080p. And, I'm now crazy for 4K video - only the problem is, I don't have 4K display. :)

You actually made me think of another point. While our cameras can't zoom in, you could always zoom into a 4k video that is scaled to 1080p and not lose any quality.

Yes, DJI camera is 20mm (35mm equiv.), therefore 4K @2160p can be zoom into 40mm without any loss @1080p, theoretically. Actually it has slight lens distortion and has perspective, so better correcting distortion/perspective together when crop position is not center.

No in the UK we're being screwed. it translates to about $1,850 for us. Rip off as usual. OP, flip over to Dublin on a Ryanair flight for about £3 and buy one in €. You'll save about £100.
Just let me buy it and send it to you for 1650 and safe 200 bucks.

Reactions: happydays
Thanks Guy's
Decision made and order placed with Buzzflyer for a Phantom 3 advanced, should be able to pick it up on Thursday!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20