advice: P3A or Gimbal/Camera

Reaction score
I need a gimbal/camera for my P3P (broken from a little crash).

I just look around and a new gimbal/camera cost someting like 500$cnd.
I see too that a brand new P3A cost 700$cnd +tx, should i bought this and switch the camera on my P3P ?

If you have any other advice or link for good price, i'll take it.

That would work if you don't need 4K video.

Exactly, thank's to confirm about 4k video.

Anyway, i don't have enough power on my PC (laptop and desktop) to play 4k vids :-(

My question can be also about updating. We update the bird with the Pro firmware or Adv firmware ?

You will need to use the P3A firmware when using the P3A camera.

So it mean there is no firmware in the aircraft ?
1 firmware in the battery
1 firmware in the rc
1 firmware in the gimbal/camera

??

After installing the P3A camera, you will then always use the P3A firmware (for the aircraft/batteries/RC) when the DJI GO app says new firmware is available.

Ok cool, i understand now.

Any danger of bricking the aircraft if i try to upload wrong firmware ?

Sorry for all those stupids questions, i'm trying to get more and more information to make sure i will do the right choice.

Any danger of bricking the aircraft if i try to upload wrong firmware?
I've never seen anyone successfully install the wrong firmware.

@msinger,

Thank's for all thoses really interesting advices. Thank's for the time to answer all my question.
Really appreciate !

Why not just fly the new P3A.
If you put the camera off the advanced onto the pro, you are making that into an advanced version anyway. Why take the risk of it all going wrong.
You could then keep the damaged pro for spares or sell it as is, to recover some of the outlay for the new P3A.

You are right, i can keep the battery charger from the P3P kit (it suppose to be kicker) ?
Anything else is better in the P3P kit ?, is the RC the same ?

For now, i have:
1 aircraft P3P (without gimbal/camera)
1 RC
1 charger (P3P)
1 battery
2 sets of props

Other than the more powerful quicker charger, everything else is the same on the aircraft and remote.
The pro has a higher bit rate video downlink, but that I believe will be determined by the camera/gimbal and the firmware, so will be the same on the advanced, or the pro with advanced camera fitted as it will need the advanced firmware installed.

So maybe sell my P3P without gimbal to my friend that want to start flying and get a brand new P3A at bestbuy will be a good choice.

So maybe sell my P3P without gimbal to my friend that want to start flying and get a brand new P3A
That's what I would do :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers