Advice on where to mount IRC 600?

Reaction score
Just got my IRC 600 today and I'm looking for feedback about what orientation to mount it. I'm somewhat limited because of where I mounted the anti-interference board. I put it there based on DJI's YouTube install guide for the H3-3D. This was way before I thought I was going to get FPV.

That said, I've been reading that the antenna should be facing back and pointing down (toward the ground). Thoughts?

Orientation A:
tlvg3RT.jpg

Orientation B:
FPUG2Y4.jpg

Orientation C:
wNqXsMR.jpg

Thanks for your feedback!

this is mine, but might turn it round so the antenna is the opposite side to the compass

PS why don't you put your anti-interference board inside

IMG_2118_zpsdcabbbe5.jpg

The VHB from 3M is TOUGH stuff. I can't get the anti-interference board off the belly. And when I first got the Phantom I just put it there b/c it was fast and easy and I wanted to fly ASAP.

dptcalvin said:
The VHB from 3M is TOUGH stuff. I can't get the anti-interference board off the belly. And when I first got the Phantom I just put it there b/c it was fast and easy and I wanted to fly ASAP.
tell me about it, i've got a Flytrex live coming which means the transmitter will have to come off & be moved to give it clearance. Thats going to be fun

p fandango said:
this is mine, but might turn it round so the antenna is the opposite side to the compass

PS why don't you put your anti-interference board inside

IMG_2118_zpsdcabbbe5.jpg
How do you like the retractable landing gear? Where did you purchase from and how much?

Also getting back to original op post what is best orientation im torn between b and c

I believe A and C are preferred over B because B placed the antenna near the compass, which probably is not ideal.

capodrone81 said:
How do you like the retractable landing gear? Where did you purchase from and how much?
the retract legs kit was bought off ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-CF-CNC-Re ... 2a43be6777). I then modified it as the legs were too long & ugly, & spacered to put an angle on the servo to the mounting plate (so the legs don't just point straight down). But hadn't done my research that there was no way of controlling them via the stock controller/receiver so they've now been removed

dptcalvin said:
I believe A and C are preferred over B because B placed the antenna near the compass, which probably is not ideal.
i will change it next time the transmitter gets moved, but i've never had anything bad happen with it being next to the compass

Managed to remove the VHB and anti-interference board, which I moved inside the body.

So now that I have a little more freedom, how should I mount the vTx? Like so?

7RD87M2.jpg

dptcalvin said:
Managed to remove the VHB and anti-interference board, which I moved inside the body.

7RD87M2.jpg

that's the best option imo. good job setting it off-center so the antenna connector doesn't get in the way of swapping the battery. you also offset it to the side away from the compass

QYV said:
dptcalvin said:

7RD87M2.jpg

that's the best option imo. good job setting it off-center so the antenna connector doesn't get in the way of swapping the battery. you also offset it to the side away from the compass

Good advice!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj