Advice on purchasing Phantom + Video downlink

Reaction score
Hello phantom pilots,

This is my first post, and definitely not my last! I did some searching and couldn't find my question directly answered, so my apologies if this has been posted here before. Plus it would be great to have an open dialogue with some people educated on the topic.

I'm looking into buying a Phantom 2, Zenmuse gimbal, video downlink system, and a monitor to mount on my remote to shoot aerials for hotel/resort videos. Over the course of the last couple days i've done some research and there seems to be a tons of options for custom controllers, downlinks, professional installation...etc.

I'm brand new to the world of aerial videography, so i'm looking to get as much input as possible from everyone here on things like...What downlink/monitor to buy? Should I get a custom remote or stick with the stock Phantom one? Do I pay the money for professional installation on a ready to fly rig or try to assemble it myself? And also any other advice you have for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps any great articles to read, websites to check out on DJI's and aerial video.

I found what looks to be a pretty good "ready to fly" set up on bhphoto.com, so if anyone has anything good/bad to say about this rig that would probably help educate me as well. Here is the link ---> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... nmuse.html

Thanks in advance for your opinions and assistance. :)

-Andrew

Check out Aerial Media Pros. I wanted to grow beyond my Phantom 2 Vision and did a lot of online research. In the end I decided to purchase the Phantom 2 Pro Pack configuration from Aerial Media Pros. Everything arrived this past Monday. The setup, ready-to-fly out of the box, reflects work that is very well done. I highly recommend this company to you as you decide the path you want to take. Check out some of their videos as well, to give you more insight into what you will be purchasing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers