Advice on Litchi Waypoint Mission

Reaction score
9477e63defed1400495ab9b8e1e1fa1e.jpg

Hello

I'm after some advice on flying a litchi waypoint mission I've wanted to do for a while.The mission length is 5498ft (1.041 mile) and will be flown at 150ft alt and 15 mph speed.Its from my house to my friends house.
The concerns I have is once I started it and it's underway it will be flying over houses for most of the way and I'm worried about interference etc.Im using stock antenna but I do have one of those cheap open up type copper range extenders if required.From start to finish the level of the ground is more or less the same so more or less flat.

Your views would be appreciated or if there's some vids on YouTube etc I would be interested to see or hear them

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

For one thing. your GPS signal to the drone from satellites will be much more stable than your signal from your Remote to the drone. In the loss o fcontact with the remote, your obedient little bird will soldier on and attempt to (and in all probability will) complete his assigned mission.

I'm doing the same thing later today for the first time, redsec...., I was wondering what your plan was for when it gets there. What setting did you choose for when the mission finishes? Will you take over at some point land land it manually?

So far I am very impressed with litchi versus DJ go.......

I'm planning to land it manually on my friends back garden then shut down once it's landed.let me know on here how you get along with yours

Sent from my SM-T533 using PhantomPilots mobile app
You will most likely lose signal attempting to land it at the end of it's flight. A mile away is a stretch, and that is in clear air. If you still have control when it reaches your friends house, which I doubt, when it starts going down into the clutter nearer ground you will lose contact. Sorry.

And autoland can be a problem. The accuracy of both your landing location and the bird position are such that you could land 10-20 meters from where you planned!

Why? If you just doing it for shits and giggles don't! If you loose signal......you really shouldn't...I've flown 3 plus miles and try to land you could be screwed. Its not worth it to me

I have always flown litchi missions where I can keep the bird insight so this would be the 1st one out my comfort zone but the main concern is if there was any interference from wifi etc as I go over the houses.Ive seen videos on youtube where if the video signal breaks the bird always completes the mission.

First off, me personally I would not fly this mission over people and houses,out of line of sight etc , too many no nos for the UK, and if it crashes you could be in serious trouble, but if you really want to, then...

I would launch at your house set the mission to hover on completion, load the mission and let it set off. Then rush round to your friends house with the controller and re connect when you get there and land. The mission at 15 mph should only take 4-5 mins, and the bird should be able to maintain hover for another 13-15 mins.

If you attempt to land at your friends house whilst you are at home it will probably not end well.

Problems, you may get a low battery smart RTH and it may go back home.(you can turn off smart RTH) Not sure you can have only 2 waypoints, there is a maximum distance between points, maybe add a few more. Not sure if Litchi allows you to set the final waypoint so far from your home point,I think there is a trick to defeat this. If it autolands at your friends the location is not accurate enough to be safe.

You could try a point to point mission in a very safe environment first.

Once again me personally I would not do it, but then again I do fly very conservatively.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20