Advice on firmware

Reaction score
Hey guys I have read a lot about old firmware being used for long range flights due to speed etc it would be nice if people who have had long range flights share which is the safest and best firmware to use if one requires long ranges and will it be an issue if using it with the latest app on iOS meaning bird is on old firmware and app is the newest...!

Re: Advice on firmware

Geert said:
Some members experienced better results for long distance flights with version 1.08
I did not had this experience.
A few months ago I did a long distance test with firmware V3.04 in combination with the iOS app.
The next day I downgraded to V1.08 and followed the same path. The results were almost similar.
I had no conflicts with the latest iOS app version using V1.08
However, there are some important differences such as the maximum descent speed. V1.08 is NOT restricted to the maximum descent speed of 2m/sec.
The descent speed might be important if you do long distance flights. Specially if you need to descend fast because you ran out of battery power.
I advise to fly with the latest firmware updates. ;)

Geert./.

Great advice but I am really looking into long range flights cause I have spent lots of money on my mods and now I want to see how far I can take this baby to. Descent is obviously a major matter cause battery is restricted to a certain time limit cause in newest version auto land bla bla are going to make it a problem do u think I have to go to Naza mode for long range or it doesn't have anything tondo with long range

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415127430.164661.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415127430.164661.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 731
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415127445.415807.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415127445.415807.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 734

Geert said:
saao said:
Great advice but I am really looking into long range flights cause I have spent lots of money on my mods and now I want to see how far I can take this baby to. Descent is obviously a major matter cause battery is restricted to a certain time limit cause in newest version auto land bla bla are going to make it a problem do u think I have to go to Naza mode for long range or it doesn't have anything tondo with long range
Descent speed is indeed a major matter, I agree.
Speed is also important for long distance flight. You can fly faster in ATTI or Manual mode than in GPS mode.

Geert./.

Thanks bro for the info one more question how do I downgrade the firmware once I have downloaded the old assistant?

how far I can take this baby? - why? I've never had any desire to go very high or very far - I can't fathom a reason?

Ron K said:
how far I can take this baby? - why? I've never had any desire to go very high or very far - I can't fathom a reason?[/quote
Bro once ur done with the early stages u will feel that adrenaline rush of doing such, I lost one in a long distance flight but didn't back off. I enjoy taking it to long ranges makes me feel like I have my eyes on views I can't see

The new waypoint app takes your transmitter/antenna out of the equation...just set your waypoint out 3 miles and back and forget it...very trackable signature on the flytrex charts as no human could fly such straight lines....

meddler said:
The new waypoint app takes your transmitter/antenna out of the equation...just set your waypoint out 3 miles and back and forget it...very trackable signature on the flytrex charts as no human could fly such straight lines....

waypoints are another game you can't compare it with the feel of flying and breaking records .

Geert said:
saao said:
Thanks bro for the info one more question how do I downgrade the firmware once I have downloaded the old assistant?

For example if you want 1.08 then you should run Assistant Software 1.08 and connect your Phantom with your Pc/Mac. You go to the "Upgrade" tab and you can downgrade to V1.08
This is how it always worked in the past.
Recently I heard that it is not possible anymore to downgrade since the latests firmwares but I can not confirm that. It has been a few months since I downgraded. So try it and let us know. ;)

Geert./.

Bro I tried today and easily downgraded to 1.0.8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl