Advice on filters for P4P

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm looking for some advice. I ordered my new P4P yesterday and until it arrives, i thought i'd order a spare battery and a set of filters. The company i ordered the P4P from didn't have spare batteries for this model. I believe the battery from the P4 will fit but is it worth spending the extra $$ to get the P4P battery just to get, from what i understand, is only a few more minutes flight time ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i need to order it today for various reasons. Also, i'm wanting to order a set of filters for the camera. After reading here on the forum, the Polar Pro filters are highly regarded. There is a set available on Ebay for AU $239. This includes 6 filters which includes the Cinema Series Vivid Collection and also the Shutter Collection. As i'm a newbie to this game, any advice here would be, once again, greatly appreciated !! Thank you for any help !! Cheers.

The most useful filters are the straight ND followed by ND grads. The intent of use is to get your EV at or close to where the shutter speed is twice the frame rate when shooting video. While many use polarisers I have found, and you might also, that as the lens has a wide field of view and you tend to be changing your framing with respect to the sun while flying which often gives a greatly different appearance in the sky across the frame and also varying effect depending on which way the AC is pointing (varying effect during a take. The grads can be very useful when the sky is significantly brighter than the terrain.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I had PolarPro filters and now i have a set of 6 PGY filters... excellent!!!

Hi Max. Sorry for the delay in replying !! My week is usually flat out in 3 shades of pandamodium !! I'm sure the Polar Pro filters will do the trick for now until i gain some experience and if need be, i can upgrade later on. I'm retiring in about 18 months so i wanted to get back into photography. I dabbled a little back in the Adobe Elements 8 days and really enjoyed editing videos and making movies etc. I can see that a drone is going to expand my horizons 10 fold. My new P4P has been ordered and should be here next week. We are travelling down to our son's farm this Fri for 2 weeks and it would be an ideal place to learn to fly. Our young grandson on the farm has had a terrible accident about a week ago and had his right thumb completely severed so the drone will be a great way to keep his mind off his injury and a great way for him to be able to use his right hand again. Once i get used to flying the P4P, my next project is to buy a suitable laptop to be able to edit the footage from the drone etc. I'm going to need more help with info on a good editing programme as well, so i'm going to drive all the guys on the forum nutz i'm afraid !! Anyway, take care and i hope to catch up with you in the forum. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers