ADVICE ON DEALERS

Reaction score
I have seen people asking advice or opinions on dealers. Here are a couple of suggestions. If a dealer was able to get ribbon cables (and not all of them were), and charged anywhere from $75.00 to $300.00 for them, who do you think he is watching out for. I make a product which is driving DJI crazy because it is cutting into their sales. See how many dealers would rather sell you that product than a new camera. That would be the dealer looking out for your interests because he can make a lot more money selling you a camera. To date I know of one dealer who has expressed interest in selling such a product. Ask yourself why this is happening. If a dealer has an opportunity to take advantage of me and he does, the next time it happens isn't his fault, it's mine. After a long running battle with DJI over their refusal to sell me a ribbon cable, they relented and told me they were going to give me one free. All I had to pay was $22.00 shipping. That should give you some idea of what the ribbon cables costs.

I just bought a pair of cables from Dave's Discount Motors for $49 for the pair. They'll be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking number, so here's hoping there's no glitches. Those cables are no longer listed on Dave's website, ostensibly because he sold out of them immediately, I hear. I went there for the discount on the carrying bag, just stumbled across the cables.

And he is about the only dealer selling them at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend a guy like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues