Advice needed on a new TV

Reaction score
My 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV ust gave up the ghost tonight, so its time to go shopping. I want to get something the same size or maybe larger. What should I look at, make and model please. I hear Samsung's are probably the best, is that true. All suggestions welcomed.

Yes, this should be in the "Off Topic" section. Maybe one of the admin's will move it.

Samsung TV's are the best. It's the only brand I will buy. Just bought a new 55" Samsung Smart TV from B&H.com... perfect!

dirkclod said:
kirbinster said:
My 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV ust gave up the ghost tonight, so its time to go shopping. I want to get something the same size or maybe larger. What should I look at, make and model please. I hear Samsung's are probably the best, is that true. All suggestions welcomed.
You gotta be kidden right :shock:
You mean the size? I have an old 65" Mitsubishi projection TV. Would love a 70" LED.
I saw one of those UHD-TV's in Sam's Club. You can not describe the fantastic picture, you have to see one. They had a curved one, but I did not think it was that great. Smaller than the one mentioned here.

kirbinster said:

I had an old 65" Toshiba DLP TV and loved it . When it went down, they couldn't replace the parts as it was discontinued. I had it under warranty so they had to give me fair value on a replacement. I bought a Sharp 60" and really like it, but the next one's going to be a Samsung. I bought a 32" LED/LCD Samsung for the bedroom and it's awesome. It's a "smarter" TV and I like the Samsung software that allows you to pull movies, pictures, whatever from other things on your home network... like a PC, NAS Storage, etc... :D

-slinger

I install tvs, its my business. At the moment Samsung are the best by a long shot especially the 1000hz uhd tvs, but the curved ones are crap unless its in a completely dark room because of their curve they throw huge amounts of reflection right back at the viewer if there is even a hint of daylight. Stick with flat screens until they put proper filters on the screen to stop it

Now you tell me :(. Actually it is mostly used at night so not too much of an issue. I know a few people that have these and they rave about them. Guess I'll just be sure to draw the drapes during the day if an issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20