Advice for P4 newbi about maps please

Reaction score
Took my first flight with my brand new P4. I spent 1 week digesting everything I could about the P4. This is a new hobby fpr me.

My flight lasted about 2 minutes and it started to rain. But, I did get it flying with all systems go.......except no map. 13 sats were aquired. Now I know the map screen is blank because I have no data connection with my Nvidia K1. I cannot tether it to my phone as it too has no data service.

So that being said, how can I get map data in my K1 that DJI Go and Litchi can source from and use when I go fly? If people are in the middle of nowhere (as is common) where there is no wi-fi, or cell there must be a method to pre download map data these apps can use for operation. Right?

So how is this done? BTW, I am flying in mainland China so I have the P4 switched to convert map data if that means anything.

Please help. I want to use Litchi to fly missions.

how can I get map data in my K1 that DJI Go and Litchi can source from and use when I go fly?
Before you head out to fly, connect your device to the Internet, open DJI GO, and cache the maps in your intended flying location -- like this:

I did what you suggested. But if I zoom in the sat image goes away and only shows street map view which is not helpful. Why does it do that?

Are you in DJI GO? I just tried it and I still saw the satellite view after zooming in as far as I could go.

Apparently in my area there are no sat images. If I look at another area, I have sat images like you say. Very strange some areas are not mapped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4