Advice for a Beginner

Reaction score
I would like to get into drone photog as a part time profession. I am living in Mexico so not sure how accessible drones are here. Should I buy a very inexpensive (toy type) ($20 ish) to practice with before I buy a Phantom? Any advice is appreciated.

If you want to invest just $20 ish for drone business, this business may not be fit for you right now. Also do you have interest and skills in photography?

Good idea to learn to fly with a cheap drone. I think the best bang for the picture quality buck would be a P4P followed by the P4. A P3P is also good for the price. I have a P4 and if I would be a semi pro I would go with a P4P just for the better camera. Inspires are real good but the price not so good.

If you want to invest just $20 ish for drone business, this business may not be fit for you right now. Also do you have interest and skills in photography?
Once I become confident with flying I would buy a Phantom. The only reason of the cheap drone would be to learn the basics.

Good idea to learn to fly with a cheap drone. I think the best bang for the picture quality buck would be a P4P followed by the P4. A P3P is also good for the price. I have a P4 and if I would be a semi pro I would go with a P4P just for the better camera. Inspires are real good but the price not so good.

What is the difference between a P3 and a P3P?

P3 = Phantom 3. There are currently 3 different P3's. P3S = Standard, P3A = Advanced and P3P = Pro.

Lots of people suggest getting a cheap one to learn on. I had a Syma x5c I think it was called. I don't know what I really learnt to be honest. I learnt they are junk but very durable. The batteries last about 5 minutes and the flying is very hard. You'll likely crash into every thing imaginable. The good thing is they are pretty much indestructible. I hit my house, my shed, numerous trees, my ceiling, my dog...pretty much anything and everything. Whatever you do have fun with the toy one but the P3 or P4 you get will fly 100x better and be 100x easier to control. But you do learn the basics flying the cheap ones so its not all a waste.

As above, I flew a Syma X8C I think it was called, crashed it many, many times, but, the control sticks are same as Phantoms, the Syma gave me the basic skills/idea of how to fly a UAV, a month later I bought my Phantom 3A, the Phantom is light years ahead of the basic 80-100 dollar drones.
But, I do feel flying the $100 syma was a worthwhile step before investing in a Phantom

P3 = Phantom 3. There are currently 3 different P3's. P3S = Standard, P3A = Advanced and P3P = Pro.

Lots of people suggest getting a cheap one to learn on. I had a Syma x5c I think it was called. I don't know what I really learnt to be honest. I learnt they are junk but very durable. The batteries last about 5 minutes and the flying is very hard. You'll likely crash into every thing imaginable. The good thing is they are pretty much indestructible. I hit my house, my shed, numerous trees, my ceiling, my dog...pretty much anything and everything. Whatever you do have fun with the toy one but the P3 or P4 you get will fly 100x better and be 100x easier to control. But you do learn the basics flying the cheap ones so its not all a waste.
And p34k

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj