Advegant Glyph - Now at Best Buy ???

Reaction score
I have been giving these some serious thought as a possible purchase and now I can almost walk across the street and buy them. I can also very easily return them if they don't totally blow me away.

Couple questions:

There listed as the "Founders Edition". Are there multiple editions ??

Do they come with whatever I need to use them with the Pro? (I already have the HDMI option for the controller)

I'm also posted this in the 4 Pro section because that's what I'll be flying them with.

Hi Stan, as far as I can tell the Founders edition was the launch version for backers on kickstarter. But, they have never repackaged them since so we all get them.
As for the pack, it has the goggles, a USB lead for charging, a 2m (estimated) hdmi lead (one end micro for the Glyph and the other end normal hdmi, both male) that lets you plug into anything near enough.
The stock cable is definitely long enough for drone flight but you will need a female hdmi to male mini hdmi adaptor to convert the tiny hdmi port on the Dji module and Avegant recommend the C2G one.
And I am using a small cable tie to secure the adaptor to the controller handle (just to keep the cable weight off the plug socket).
Other than that there is an app for your tablet/phone that uses Bluetooth to do firmware updates to the Glyph.

Right there with you again msinger, definitely want a case for them although I haven't quite decided which yet myself.

Here are a few photos of that case:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not bad case at all, will have a look at that one as soon as my Glyph shows up and I know I am keeping it.
Noticed you have the Apple HDMI adaptor in there, you tried any 3D movies from an idevice ?

No. So far, I've only used it to watch some videos on YouTube.

If you do at a later date then let me know how it copes with 3D SBS movies from an Apple device please.
Mine just got delayed an extra day by UPS so now it's Thursday for me not tomorrow :(

Quick update for you StanMI, got my Glyph today and it came with a hardcase (rather nice one) and a little triangular zip pouch for both the cables that sits inside the Glyph whilst in the case.

Wow, Nice !!! I know it comes with two cords. Are they what I need to use them with the P4P ???

Thanks msinger !!! I did see that in your other post also. Then I read the post from Timbozero and I thought it said "Apple" cord and your post was a Black cord.

I should have read it closer........Thanks for the link !!

You need the Glyph HDMI cord from the transmitter to the goggle for the video link, you can add the USB cord for head tracking but recent reports are saying head tracking is currently disabled (by DJI) on Glyph.
The Glyph cord has a full sized HDMI end for devices and so needs an adaptor to get it to mini HDMI on the Phantom transmitter, both msinger and I linked an alternative each for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers